It’s Nowhere Today

To those who have been seeing my posts with a picture of Mayon Volcano , taken at this same spot , you will be fascinated that today , it is nowhere to be seen in the picture . Had I not forgotten how to make a comparative picture , I could have shown you how it looks on a sunny day . It is hidden by dark clouds because it is a rainy and gloomy day . And just like us , when it is a sunny day , Mayon would be appearing happy . But now it is gloomy too , so it hid behind those dark clouds . I hope your weather isn’t as gloomy as we have here today . Good morning from the province of Albay , Philippines !
Wow, it has certainly disappeared hasn't it?
Yes . It was hidden by the clouds .
Heard there's a low pressure or typhoon coming. Though we don't have it directly here, we are having a gloomy day as well.
Yes, Auring has also it's effect on us . Most of us have gloomy days . How are you Toni . You have been so busy because i haven't seen you here , for quite sometime ,
@SIMPLYD Still busy reviewing and revising the contract our Corporate Secretary made. It needs a lot of changes. She sucks at that and she doesn't admit it. Couldn't kick her out coz she's one of the board of directors and an incorporator. Maybe someday i'll just buy her out.
@toniganzon Does she have legal knowledge to recommend changes ?
Clouds are authoritative indeed. They come and go as they please hide whatever they want to -mean clouds
Yeah , you are correct . Clouds can really be mean at times .
@SIMPLYD The meanest experience I had was when we were on Tiger Hill in Darjeeling to watch the sunrise. We were there early hours of a morning just to watch that panoramic view but a cloud came in between!
@allknowing That's also always the case here when tourists come just to see the Mayon Volcano . Sometimes , when they are here it's covered with clouds also .
@ilocosboy (24910)
Oh, it could have been good with the two photos
I forgot how to do a comparative two picture in one frame . Do you know how to ?
@Bluedoll (15533)
@Bluedoll You are funny , my dear.
@epiffanie (8224)
It looks sad and lonely without the Mayon ..
Yes that is true . The view seems lacking because you know that Mayon is hidden .
@annierose (17254)
That is a wonderful interpretation. Mine was gloomy before but now I can feel that my life is going to shine again like it used to do before. It is gloomy and cold in here. I would like to sleep and eat champorado whenever the weather is like this.
I life there will always be gloomy days . It's up to us to stay that way or to fight it and be bright . Here too , it is still gloomy since i posted this . In fact , classes were suspended in all levels because of the all night rain that floods some areas of the city . Champorado indeed is so nice in a gloomy and cold day . Though , i only eat it when it's paired with "tuyo" . I also like to eat arroz caldo in rainy days . At the moment the sun is shining , after 4 days . Hallelujah!
@annierose (17254)
@SIMPLYD Well, it's great. For sure, there will be many clothes hanging outside to get dry. It is like that in our place. So, it is like Fiesta after the wet days because of those clothes.
@annierose You are correct and we at home is like that . Yesterday , despite the rain , the laundrywoman came to wash the clothes she supposedly be washing last Saturday. She wasn't able to, because she had stomache , which she believed to be "sibang" our local term for someone who when you passed by and she's hungry would make your stomach ache . Anyway , i hope mother-in-law will let all the washed clothes be out in the sun , because it was spinned but a spinner just press the extra water not dry them so they still have to be aired and dried yet . It's a happy day now for those who will wash their clothes indeed . Like a fiesta , because of the clothes hanged as you said .
@ridingbet (33121)
that is indeed a no-show Mayon volcano. hope your weather is good now. it is gloomy here as well
I think most of the Philippines' places are gloomy because of Auring . It affected us all in that way .
@ridingbet (33121)
@SIMPLYD my place is always gloomy even though there are no weather disturbance.
@ridingbet What do you like a gloomy day or a very hot and sunny day ?
@sunrisefan (16606)
It's been raining here all day. The Signal No.1 though has been lifted and sea travel has resumed.
So , your place was on signal no 1 . This time it's you place passed by the typhoon .
@sunrisefan (16606)
@SIMPLYD We were at No. 1 but the rains seemed just liked ordinary, though a bit stronger at times. I was just surprised to see on social media that a big tree fell on the road this morning in a barangay near ours and almost hitting a couple riding on a motorcycle.
@sunrisefan Maybe you didn't notice the wind because your house is a concrete one and you were all inside it . I am glad the couple wasn't hit by the fallen tree .
@magallon (16554)
Is it raining hard in your place.? The weather is not really good that' s why even the Mayon volcano hid itself...
It was drizzling this morning when i passed by the long sea deck of the second floor , where our office is . But at the moment , the weather is going fine with the sun not yet shining openly , but the day is a bit brighter now . What about there in Manila ?
@magallon (16554)
@SIMPLYD the sun is off and on here.. but there's no rain...
@magallon I like it when the weather is like that , and no rain . It's so nice to be walking around the city ,
@averygirl72 (11823)
Same here the weather is cold and it's grey outside. It's raining lightly. There are grey clouds all over the sun is not showing. The Mayon is not seen I see.
I think we were all affected when Auring came into the Philippines . Or it is just the rainy season now . Today , it's a bit seen though it was rainy this morning .
@averygirl72 (11823)
@SIMPLYD Maybe it's Auring
@Bluedoll (15533)
Isn't it funny that in the same picture on a sunny day the cranes on the right would be like happy little arms working for everyone's benefit but on a gloomy day an eye sore. Right now my world is all white. I mean everything is white and cold.
That is true . So your place is now covered with snow . It must be sooooo cold . Brrr !
@Bluedoll (15533)
I stick my big toe outside but protect my pinky. lol
@acelawrites (9798)
Yes, Mt. Mayon is hiding! Looks really gloomy and it affects people's moods too!
It has been 3 days since i posted this . Until now Mayon is hidden because it is always gloomy and rainy .
@PatZAnthony (11757)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Today is not gloomy, but we have all had days where things were hidden by the weather.
Good for you it's not gloomy . Here it's another day , yet it is rainy , hence more gloomier .
@FayeHazel (8399)
Wow, that is so unlike anything around here. Thank you for showing me your part of the world
Thank you too , for liking it .
It's not shocking that it has disappeared. When we have storms, I can't see the opposite shore here either. Great photo!
Nature has their own way of camouflaging also. he he he Thank you .
It has been raining all day year and it is cold in the air.
Really , it is raining all day there and the past days . Here , it would rain then a bit of sunshine mid morning , then rain again , then sunny again . But at least it is cold when night comes . It is so nice to sleep when it's cold .