I Have Lost Respect For Meryl Streep

@LeaPea2417 (18975)
Toccoa, Georgia
I don't normally watch any of the awards shows, but my husband had the TV on and turned it to the Golden Globes. We kept it there for awhile because we watch The Americans and Keri Russell was up for best actress in a drama (she didn't win), and that is what we had wanted to see , if she would win or not. Then shortly after that, Meryl Streep gets the Life Time Achievement Award and has to use that platform to spew her left wing garbage and bash Trump in the process. One of the things she said that was so off base was when she pointed to some of the foreign actors and actresses and said that if we followed the policies of how he views foreigners, then these people would have not had a chance in American acting. That is so misinterpreting what Trump is saying about Immigration. He is against Illegal Immigration. I bet most of those actors she was pointing to are Legal Citizens or Foreigners who have legal work permits to work in this Country. I don't think she once thanked all the people who helped her through her Career in film. I don't think she once thanked this Country of America that gave her the freedom and opportunity to pursue her acting dreams and caused her to succeed. I am so disgusted. I really don't think I can ever watch one of her movies again without feeling sick. Acceptance of an Award as big as hers last night, does not call for a spew of Political beliefs. I don't care if you are Liberal or Conservative. It is a time to come forward and thank the people and Country who helped you succeed. And, if you believe in God, you can thank your Higher Power. We turned the channel right after that.
I'm sure Meryl Streep can bear losing two spectators.
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
You would be surprise how many on social media are calling for a boycott not only against her, but the entire Hollywood Establishment. They are saying to hurt Hollywood where it hurts worst, in their pocketbook.
@LeaPea2417 I don't believe for a sec that people will seriously boycott Hollywood.
@LeaPea2417 We are boycotting her for sure, along with so many family members, friends and neighbors here.
We know longer listen to these "Snowflakes," so have excluded all who merely think they are so important, when in reality they are not, from our viewing in movies and on TV. Had enough of their pompousness.
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is what I intend to do from now on.
Streep made the ridiculous statement that without foreign talent, there would be nothing to watch but football and MMA which succeeded in offending those fans. She knows full well that MOST of what you see on TV and in movies is not filmed in America but productions mainly shot in Canada employing non-American actors playing American characters. Furthermore what is produced in America is overrun by foreign actors putting on American voices. I love foreign actors but it's a bit disconcerting for so many foreign actors and their American accents taking jobs from American actors who are desperate for work.
• Portland, Connecticut
I didn't watch the awards but I have to say I would have been appalled as well. Shame on her. What a sore looser.
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree. I bet if Hillary won, she would have not said one political thing during the Acceptance Speech.
yes,I saw that.They should not have a politics talk on the show. I was very surprised to hear this.I do love her acting.Now not sure.What was she thinking.A well educated woman talking like. Bad Girl.s
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree, it was very inappropriate for her to say what she said in that venue.
@LeaPea2417 yes,maybe she will win an oscar for that.
• Riga, Latvia
Yes, she made a great big mistake doing that. You just don't do that on an award show and not when you have been awarded such a honorable award.
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree.
@Gillygirl (17269)
• Sutton, England
No way should Meryl Streep vent her anger during an awards ceremony. I think somebody who did that would be boycotted here. People are entitled to their views but not to shove them down peoples throats.
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Exactly what I think.
@nomus24g (21328)
Just used the platform to vent her anger
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
She used the wrong platform to vent her anger.
@cupkitties (6907)
I don't about you, but I'm pretty sick of all the political drama going on among us regular civilians right now. I'm pretty sure nobody regardless of who they support watched the awards show hoping to have more of it shoved in their faces.
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Even if it was I there would be mistakes that I will make.
It was telecast here too and yes that was not the platform for her to spew what she did. And yes i notice many have misunderstood about Trump's thought on immigration. He certainly talks of illegal immigrants.