Cleaning The Sewing Room

@Morleyhunt (19750)
This weekend five of my grandchildren will be spending two nights...... The three girls can share the queen sized bed in the guest room, but where to put the boys. My sewing room is the obvious choice. This means I need to clean and tidy my sewing room. Putting the sewing machine on the shelf and collapsing the folding table. Cleaning the sewing room is always a dangerous task. I'm easily distracted. It happened again. A pattern caught my eye.....I selected my fabrics and instead of cleaning, I made a bigger mess. The wreath turned out really well.
It's a beautiful wreath and well worth a bit of a mess!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Now to get that mess tidied so I can put the portable bed in the sewing room.
@Brittnyrose (1457)
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
What type of Activities will you be doing with all your grand kids over? And at least you want have to worries bout being lonley
@Morleyhunt (19750)
If it's not windy they can help me pick up the mountain of twigs the wind brought down last night. (They lovhelping feed a fire. We will probably do some jigsaw puzzles, some colouring and I'm sure at some point my living room will become a fort. There are also dolls and Legos......
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@Morleyhunt sounds like y'all are gonna have dome major fun lol.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I love the wreath and it will be perfect for Valentines. I try to keep my studio cnat and tidy and clean but right not it is none of those things. Maybe today I'll turn on a audio book and get some organization done... Bet you had fun with the grands...
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I've spent an hour in the room....not cleaned up much. Now I need to get my butt into gear.
@hereandthere (30971)
it's so pretty. how do you wash/clean it when it gets dusty?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Mostly I would just vacuum if off, but in a pinch it should stand up to gentle hand washing.
@Morleyhunt hopefully it retains its shape if handwashed.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@hereandthere There is no reason why it wouldn't. There is a frame holding it in a circle.
@shaynas (5529)
wow, that's a beautiful creation. So creative you are ! And i hope you would have a really lovely weekend!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
It should be a good weekend. There will be no sewing happening this weekend.
@shaynas (5529)
@Morleyhunt what all do u sew?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@shaynas I make quilts, bags, placemats, pyjamas for the grandbabies. Hair bows and dresses for the girls.
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
I know exactly what you meant, as it happens to me all the time. Its the difficult room to clean up. I have all these bags of scraps and remaining ones which I have kept for decorating something else i might do in future. So every time I start cleaning up, I ll pick up those and try to find a pattern I can do. What do you do with the scraps which is of no use anymore as they are really so small?
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
And by the way, the wrath looks simply superb. Loved it.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I cut my leftovers into squares that I use in quilts. Usually I throw away anything smaller than 2 inches (5cm) square. If you look rough my previous discussions you will see photos of many of my projects.
@UncleJoe (9929)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Beautiful wreath!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thank you. It was a fun job.
Lol! Why am I not surprised???? The wreath turned out beautifully!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I think everyone is just waiting to see what I get up to next.
i love that wreath. very cute. i'm trying to clean, but my tummy just started hurting, so now i am sitting down hoping the ibuprofen will help
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thanks. I need to do the dishes and vacuum as soon as my husband heads back out to the barn....I spent the afternoon helping my father run errands.
Oh dear. I wish you laser focus on that sewing room!!!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I had about an hour this morning that I focused on cleaning ( that was a challenge). Another half hour and I will be done.
@rina110383 (24135)
That is a perfect wreath!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
It became a little more tricky to assemble than I was expecting. The instructions ended when the hearts were stuffed. After that I had to 'wing' it. The left over materials and the picture.
@atoz1to10 (6829)
Look nice. How long did it take you to do it?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I pulled out the pattern just before lunch yesterday. By 9:30 PM the wreath was hanging.
That wreath must have taken you ages to do, it's very impressive. Yikes - 5 children coming! You are in for an interesting weekend.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Ther is probably about 6 hours invested. We've had the five a few times. They are affectionately referred to as "the wrecking crew". We'll have a lot of fun.
Its a very pretty wreath, you're on a Valentines red and pink theme this week aren't you?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
It does seem that way. I tend to like hearts....they show up in many places in my home. This wreath is a pattern I've had marked for a while (a couple of years?) and now it's hanging.
@Platespinner (16492)
I can clean out my kitchen cabinets without getting distracted, but if I tackle my sewing corner, or my storage area I tend to have similar results. The wreath is beautiful!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Anything that deals with my sewing supplies tends to lead to new projects. The frustrating part of this one was that the instructions abandoned me before the thing was assembled. Once the hearts were stuffed....I was on my own. I used their material list and photo to finish it. Now I'm wondering how many other projects in this book have similar issues.
Your wreath makes me wonder what fabrics I have in my stash that would lend themselves to this.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
It was a fun little project. Now I really do need to tidy my sewing room. Friday will be here before I know it.
That is the perfect Valentines wreath.