My plan of working abroad cannot pursue because my mother will be alone

@bluelion (578)
I'm the youngest and all my siblings have their own family already and living in their houses. It's only me and my Mom who is living in our house. My father has already passed away many years ago. I always consider the condition of my mother. She is already a senior citizen and not getting stronger anymore. That's why how much I wanted to work abroad, I cannot do it because my mother will be alone. That's why I always ended up working near our place. I know it's some kind of sacrifice but I have to accept it. Maybe that's God's plan for me. Some people said that I'm so kind to do it, but it's my mother, I care for her so much. I cannot accept if I work abroad and something happens to her. It will be good if there is a relative who can accompany my Mom, but there's none. And my mother doesn't trust other people. Because there's a lot of negative stories and news that the one that you hired to accompany your mother has a bad intention and just ended up to a bad scenario. If you were in my situation, would you do the same?
@amandajay (17985)
• Sri Lanka
Most people face such situations... Even we also wanted to go abroad after we get married, but because of my husbands mum we didnt go. Now she has passed away, but now its difficult to get a chance with kids...
@bluelion (578)
Yes, we don't always get what we wanted in life. But there are other blessings to be thankful for.
@amandajay (17985)
• Sri Lanka
@bluelion yeah...you are right... But sometime we have to sacrifice things for success.. Even the decision is hard, we have to make it
@bluelion (578)
@amandajay Yes, that's right. There are really a lot of tough decisions in life that we have to make.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
If you have other siblings why don't she stay with any of them for some time that you can your plan? I hope its not a long term though. Like they all have their family, you will also have a family in future. That doesn't mean you will stop looking after her then. Likewise your siblings can look after their mother too. I am saying this because may be if you won't feel its a sacrifice right now. But if you ever feel you couldn't follow your dreams because of her, there might come a time when you regret it. Its your life, your choice. Just make a choice you are sure that you won't regret later. This is a pretty difficult situation. Good luck !
• Denmark
These are wise words. I second them.
@bluelion (578)
Thanks for your advice. My mother doesn't want to leave our house and we have a lot of things in it. She wants it to be maintained, She had spent a lot of money for it. Aside from that, my mother won't be comfortable living in other house. But you know, I already accepted it. I am destined not to work abroad. I'll just stay to give her company and take care of her. Maybe a simple life is better than wanting to have a luxurious life, which can also be complicated. Maybe we really need sacrifices in life, and I know God is watching us. He will guide us to what is better for us.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
@bluelion awesome! Now that you have taken the choice don't think about what you left behind. I am really happy for your mother. She is really lucky to have you. Well done!
@bluelion Why can't she come with you?
@bluelion (578)
It's not that easy.
@bluelion i think it's easier than feeling guilty for fulfilling your dreams
@bluelion (578)
@Jodysmith Both will make me feel guilty actually, but lesser to stay with my mother.
@brokenbee (7777)
If she's already alone, I might also do the same. I am also the youngest and my siblings already have their own families.
@bluelion (578)
Ahuh, we're the same. It's good to know.
@brokenbee (7777)
@bluelion Yes, but my parents have plans of going to my sister in the future.
@bluelion (578)
@brokenbee That's nice. You will not be in my situation.
@Gauresh_ (64)
• Chandigarh, India
Yes, I'd definitely end up doing the same. Know, What happens sometimes because of your sitatuations , you got to put your dreams down.and Care for your loved ones. I think caring for your very own mother would be very much better than working abroad and earning a lucrative amount of money. Her smile is priceless thing, what if that smile is snatched away from her. You'd loose so much in life. So In my opinion, Care for her, Earn some little money to survive, Make her smile. That's all you could do for her. You'd be amazed by the blessing she'd shower on you and that will really help you alot in life. Cheers!
@bluelion (578)
Thank you for your good advice. That is also what's in my mind. I have to sacrifice my dreams for her, but I believe that it's also the right thing to do. Maybe there's a reason why things happened. Who knows if I can do well abroad, maybe it's not good for me, that's why destiny is letting me stay. Yes, the condition of our love ones especially our mother is more important than a lucrative amount of money. I appreciate your thoughts.
• Chandigarh, India
@bluelion Your most welcome. I wish you the best in life. May God shower his blessings on you and your family. :)
@bluelion (578)
@Gauresh_ May God bless you too and your family. Thanks again!
I love my mom....and am also the youngest...she was in tears while i was about to depart to US before few months....I wasnt able to forget that for a long time and thats what keeps me close to her,..
@bluelion (578)
That's really a heart-touching moment. Is there someone who looks after her now? Is she alone? I hope not.