If I could drop the liability insurance on the old Caddy I'd have more to spend on another car.

Dallas, Texas
I don't know if it's a win-win to keep insuring your car after it is proven to be a dead one. I mean, if I find out I am not going to drive our 1995 Sedan Seville then why should I or my wife, dish out some 69 dollars a month for it just sitting like a stone sculpture? I mean, since I know it will take a year or more to save over 2 thousand dollars, the money I have or would have spent that year on insuring a dead vehicle, not being driven at all by either one of us, I could invest that savings back into buying a more current model used car much faster and then be back on the road again. But, my wife suggested that there is a possibility that the insurance agency that we use for basic liability would be raised when we decided to purchase a used car later on and then we would have to insure it. Do you think I should wait to be sure first that my car is beyond repairs before talking to my insurance agent?
I know when I took my stuff off they told me if I get another car in six months i would still have the same rate. But I got a car insured well after 4 years and the rate was the same if not lower. So to to be honest with you. If it were my car the insurance would be cut. I have a car insured now that was priced just like that. When her own coverage was hundreds more. So good luck.
• Dallas, Texas
I like this. Thanks. I am more optimistic now. I am a very safe driver and my wife is too. I need insurance against being hit by an uninsured driver because most major accidents in Dallas result in the driver being either not insured, under insured or not even having a license to drive.
@lookatdesktop I had a n accident but there was no damage. I never had a ticket or movig violation. I just have syncope so I was told not to drive. I want to get back to driving so bad. Keep us posted on this.