Twenty Wide Screens Per Person

@FourWalls (13805)
It's Super Bowl weekend. The local channels are bombarded with ads telling you that you can get a new 74" widescreen TV delivered in time for "the BIG GAME." (PS-the reason they call it "the big game" is that Super Bowl is copyrighted by the NFL and they won't allow you to use that phrase in advertising.) First, how do you even see that ad if you don't already have a TV? Secondly, and more importantly, aren't we 40 days removed from Christmas, when all of those widescreens that were sold for $298 during Black Friday door-buster blowout specials were given as presents? The way I look at it, between the TVs sold between Black Friday and this weekend there must be 20 widescreens per person in this country. And, mind you, this is repeated every year. Here's a Talking Heads song about TV life:
David Byrne - guitar & vocals Tina Weymouth - bass Chris Frantz - drums Jerry Harrison - keyboards & guitar
I guess I'll miss the Super Bowl again this year. It's on at the same time as myLot, and I never miss an episode of myLot.
@FourWalls (13805)
Who are you kidding? It's on at the same time as the Kitten Bowl, and Scar won't let you watch anything else!
Your going to miss it right along with me. Your funny.
@FourWalls He can work the remote himself
Since viewership of NFL games is down, I wonder if many will just skip the Super Bowl? I am.
Memo to the NFL: what big game? Never watched a Super Bowl in my life.
@FourWalls (13805)
I haven't watched any NFL games this year, since they made heroes out of some people who refuse to stand for the National Anthem. (Hey, it's their constitutionally-guaranteed right to not stand in protest; and it's my constitutionally-guaranteed right to protest their protest!) I'll be watching the puppies and kittens on the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Bowl. I think the Super Bowl is the poster child for "over-hyped." Seriously: starting coverage at 1 PM for a 6:30 kickoff? And I can watch all the "cool commercials" on You Tube the next day, not to mention read the results online. What's the point?
@FourWalls Yeah, Kitten Bowl! Who can resist those furry little faces!
Yeah. "I'm not going to take advantage of the Christmas and Black Friday sales. I'm waiting for the Big Game Sale. Gotta support the team!"
@TheSojourner (17454)
I have always thought about some of the same questions when it comes to the numbers of cars on lots, as they bring new ones out every year. Where do last year's go? How many cars do we all have based on these numbers? LOL
I was going to check the price for my 60 inch for the living room. Let me go check it now. Thanks perfect timing.