5 Degrees Celsius in the Philippines: Believe It or Not?

It is becoming colder and colder in my city. A proudly feeling to share that the Summer Capital of the Philippines had reached 5 degrees Celsius. But then, the local people are so cold with decrease temperature lately. It is a perfect weather to celebrate Flower Festival or "Panagbenga." The month of February is the coldest in this city. One of the tourist trap in the Philippines, it is also expected that more travelers will visit here. If you have the chance, try to feel the cold breeze early in the morning. I know it cannot be compared to countries with snow during winter season. I can't imagine how they handle the situation. At least, they are in transition to Spring season for the succeeding days. Image Credit:
Five degrees is already a very cold temperature. It is the winter temperature here already. So it is hard to believe this cold weather is available in a tropical country. Is it moist in your side? If yes, then the feeling is even colder.
@magallon (17369)
Baguio City is the coldest part of the Philippines. It is located on top of a mountain. It is also called as the Summer Capital of the Philippines.
@magallon Is the mountain very tall?
@youless I am living in the mountain. It is really cold out here. It doesn't mean that the Philippines doesn't have mountains. It is called the Summer Capital of the Philippines because of the cool weather. In fact, the cold weather is all-year round. However, February is the coldest month in my city. Summer is not hot because of the cold wind in my city. If I am going to compare Guangdong province, I must say that your place is so hot during the summer season. I had stayed and worked in Guangdong before and familiarize the four seasons of your country.
@magallon (17369)
Wow that is so cold. I also heard it from the news. How I wish I could experience that cold temperature.
I hope you can visit here. I am sure there will be no regret. Are you far from here?
@magallon (17369)
@Shavkat I am in Manila. My children also wants to go there but I think it won't be possible. They are too busy with their jobs and we need more budget too...
@magallon It wasn't that far. I had worked before in Manila. I hope you can still have the chance to visit here. It is cheaper if you can avail transient to stay than staying in a hotel.
We handle the situation because we have the habit. This morning the temperature is -6 Celsius, we do not consider this very cold.
I guess if I am in your place, I will be screaming for help. I had also experienced to live in a country during the winter season. I had survived and it was a big challenge for me to stay warm.
@Shavkat I do not really feel the cold, my husband does.
@ridingbet (38163)
yes and i am also grateful because we don't have the winter season.
I didn't like winter season when I had my mission in Central Asia. It was a nightmare and can't really tolerate the weather.
@ridingbet (38163)
@Shavkat me too. if we have winter here and snow falls, i might freeze myself to ice
@acelawrites (10752)
Yes, it is cooler now! Even here in our place, we have to wear sweaters and socks all the time to keep warm.
I agree. Some of the lowland areas near the cordillera are experiencing the cool weather, especially at night.
@amandajay (17826)
• Sri Lanka
Oh stay warm... Take care
Thanks, you too.
Odd weather is witnessed the world over. I will not be surprised if we too could get snow which has never happened here before.
Uhm. We never had a snow. But I had experienced rain with some bits of frozen ice during the wet season. It sounds weirder, but it does happen especially in isolated places far from my city.
@averygirl72 (14205)
That's so low. It surely cold and uncomfortable for some
You might say that. It was the first time to experience such low level of temperature.
We don't have snow here either but 5C is pretty cold.
It is. my friend. My mom is also feeling worried that coldness will drop at the end week of February. We anticipate that it will sustain the weather for a long time.
@ilocosboy (33307)
5 degrees oh wow, very chilling, well that makes our temperature in northern Luzon colder too and I need to boil water for my morning bath
We do need to boil tap water this time. The tap water is like cool water from the fridge.
@brokenbee (7744)
Whoa!!! Really? That is soooooo cold... Hmmmmm
I am sure you are missing the city.