turkeys that chase

My MiL celebrates her sixty-eighth birthday tomorrow, so today we popped out for a rather lovely family meal. There's a working farm nearby, with tea-rooms, a farm shop and a restaurant. And crocodiles! And parrots! And ostriches! And deer! And free-roaming bunnies, a donkey or two, a wallaby, ducks, cows, Peppa Pig, baby {and violent adult} turkeys ... Inside the restaurant is a life-size statue of a lion, and there are bits of animals dotted about, heads of stags, that sort of thing. During the week it's a steak restaurant {and yes, I think you can treat yourself to some crocodile or ostrich meat, if you fancy it}, but on Sunday it's a carvery. There are vegetarian options, but it probably isn't the place to take a vegetarian, especially on a first date. Toddler Niece loved it, as did Iggle-piggle and Little Girl, her toys. We left with full bellies, muddy feet and windswept hair, and stuffed our faces full of chocolate birthday cake back at ours! Mmmm ... They had CROCODILES!!
Sounds like a good day. I hope MIL enjoyed herself and has a very happy birthday tomorrow.
It was a lovely day. She has Toddler Niece all day on a Monday so I'm sure that she'll be sick and tired of the Happy Birthday song by the time Daddy picks TN up!
@Poppylicious lol that is cute! I hope they enjoy their time together!!
Chocolate Birthday Cake.Yummy.Happy Birthday
It was very rich ... I prefer something lighter, but I wasn't going to say no to a slice!
@Poppylicious I would not have either
• Preston, England
probably safer being chased by turkeys than crocodiles though
But not as exciting!
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious Tarzan wrestling a turkey to save Jane would be fun to watch
• Portland, Connecticut
I do love a good Sunday carvery, here in the states they just don't do that which is such a shame.
It's not always just limited to a Sunday here ... we even have a chain of restaurants with a daily carvery as a unique selling point! The chef on Sunday was very generous with his meat. You don't often get that.
Are these parrots opinionated? I find it rather comical that their are vegetarian options at such a place.
I suppose that there legally must be ... and to be fair, I did - for a split second - consider the nut roast for my main course!
@LoriAMoore (8123)
Good thing the people eat the animals instead of the animals eating the people!
I think that one of the turkeys wanted to eat my MiL! He chased her around for a bit, anyway!
@reskyyandi (3843)
Chocolate cake. Yummy.... happy birthday
What a very exciting place to enjoy family time, thanks for sharing !