Matches Can Not Be Seen Anymore

I am sure that some items or products cannot be seen in the market. During my childhood days, lighters are not that popular in the household. In most cities, matches are not being used by the local people anymore. The last time I had seen matches are in hotels or far flung areas. Things really change and modern technology is continuing to boom. Well, I think matches are not safe to be kept in residents. It could be played by children and fire will be the outcome. Despite giving simple instructions to children, they still tempted to use the matches out of curiosity. I don’t why thinking about this. It seems I’ve been missing the simplicity of life from the past. I also reminiscing the black and white TV during my toddler’s days. I was so happy for having TV at home and remembering the simple things that make the family stays together. Unlike now, people had changed and never satisfied of what they have right. Image Credit: pixabay.com
I still keep a packet which we require for several reasons. If a hose pipe has a hole we cut it and expand on side and push the side in. The expansion happens when we light a candle and hold it there and to light the candle we need a match. We also need a match to light our incinerator.
I agree. Some people do the same thing. My grandmother used to light her candles with a stick of match.
@OneOfMany (9187)
I used to buy lots of 'strike anywhere' matches, for an experiment, but I gave up. It was too much of a pain working on the product. I can't say what it was I was working on exactly. It was just something I read about and wanted to try.
That's nice. You are exploring beyond its purpose.
@OneOfMany (9187)
@Shavkat Somewhat. I love experiments!
@pammooratan (4731)
Time changes everything. I t due to time.technology always changes.
I agree. We can't deny that things are changing and keeps on going. All I wanted is to let other people remember the simple life in the old days.
@Shavkat Yes this is good ..I appreciate you for this.
@pammooratan Thank you for the appreciation.
@Tracy04 (10691)
I know right! These match sticks are rarely seen these days. Once I seen this sold I just brought it even though I don't no use at that moment lol. Some old products are replaced with modern technologies already....
It was a new way to lit up some candles through modern devices. It seems that modernization had widespread and became popular to our lives.
@Tracy04 (10691)
@Shavkat I agree. But when I see antic, I mean those used in the olden days, my eyes would automatically goes see and sometimes my hand automatically buy it hahahah
• Pamplona, Spain
Used to have matches always in the House. But now we don´t have them as you cannot buy them in many places. We use the lighter instead. Also have a flash light and candles for the juut in case of the power cut that is always there and every waiting to go off. I remember the black and white television also.
I am not sure. But I just felt remembering simple things from the past. I am not saying that life is better off before.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat You can only buy Matches in certain places and that makes their use more difficult. I can see what you mean. Things were not quite so "techie" as they are now.
We see matches in our stores here because we use them to light the fireplaces. We have beautiful long wooden matches to this purpose. A lighter near the fire can be very dangerous.
That's nice to hear. I thought it doesn't exist anymore. I was thinking to explore our public market and use for lighting up the candles of my father's altar.
@Shavkat Here in Switzerland, but also in other European countries you find the matches in every supermarket.
@devil89 (69)
Its really true that those simple household things were more enjoyable and made more curiosity at that time as compared to nowadays despite of having more technology.
I agree with you. I am living in the city since birth. The most enjoyable thing for me is visiting my grandparents' hometown. The life in countryside is so simple and I love the simple ways of being there.
@reskyyandi (3841)
We still used matches for cooking in kitchen
I think it is nice to use matches. It can still be useful to us.
You are right. It is too difficult to see the matches today. The smokers all use the lighters. It is much more convenient and it is also cheaper, I guess.
I do think it is cheaper. We don't need to consume a lot matches.
@thelme55 (11806)
I still found matches in Gaisano and I bought some. I also miss the simple things we had in those childhood years when we were outside in our front yard during full moon and talked about every thing.
I agree with you. I missed in nipa hut in the countryside and talk a lot about life or chatting under the tree.