Pork chops and spaghetti - not all recipes 'pan' out

It should have looked like this. It didn't.
@jerzgirl (7805)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
I found a pack of bone-in pork chops in the freezer and had them thawed in the fridge. I wasn't sure what I would make but we do like pork chops a lot. Then my daughter ordered something to eat over the weekend that included a child's spaghetti platter (child's?? It lasted THREE meals!!), a large salad and five good-sized bacon, broccoli and cheddar potato skins. I decided to look up pork chops and spaghetti to see what came up. Taste of Home website popped up with a recipe that looked really good. Other than it used a can of tomato soup, which I love as a soup but hate as an ingredient, it looked really good. So, I swapped out crushed tomatoes for the soup, water and one can of tomato sauce leaving in the other can of tomato sauce. I used all the recommended spices and cooked the chops in the recommended manner. It smelled wonderful. Unfortunately, it didn't taste as good as it smelled. I should have just stuck with just pan frying the chops (which were delicious since I ate one of them for lunch). It was edible, but that's about it. I refuse to throw it out. It will get eaten. But, I'll take far less pleasure in it than I'd hoped I'd have.
That happens sometimes when you try something new. Now you know. I had a pork chop for dinner, it was really good.
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I used to make pork steaks for my ex and I'd pour stewed tomatoes over them after pan frying them. They were good. I was hoping this would at least be similar, but it wasn't. It was disappointing. Still, the single pork chop I had while this was cooking in the slow cooker was excellent. I have another one in the fridge. I might re-heat that later for supper.
@jerzgirl I never thought of putting stewed tomatoes over pork before. I will have to try that. That sounds good.
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
@Happy2BeMe It's really pretty good. I should have added stewed tomatoes to this instead of crushed. The stewed have more flavor.
• Riga, Latvia
You sound like me. I love trying different things and sometimes just throwing ingredients together but sometimes as you say they don't come out so well.
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
For the most part, they have to REALLY be bad to not keep eating. And, I think some seasoning added might help a little, even though the original seasoning didn't.
Yes, some dishes we try just do not turn out that well at all. Glad you are bound and determined to not let this not-that-tasty dish go uneaten.
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
If I wasn't so broke, I might make it a doggie treat! LOL
@FayeHazel (10729)
Aw shucks. It sounded like it had potential. I hate waste too.
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
That's what I thought, too. It was edible. Just not cravable. I finished it off, but gave the rest of the meat to the dog (who was more than a little pleased.)