Why Do they cancel a really good series?

@bunnybon7 (27750)
Holiday, Florida
Things have chilled out around here for a bit. Almost afraid to say it is pretty good here in the house with everyone . anyway, I took part of my paypal out to my bank and ordered Hulu. so now I have an abundance of entertainment. I started catching up also on a series I used to watch called The mysteries of Laura starring Debra Messing. Very good series. Then found out it was canceled after only 2 seasons. She was on Will and Grace for years. To me it was a good show but nothing outstanding. Why cancel this when that one went on for years. Todays generation just seem to not like much of anything unless its blood and gore or crazy comedy that jumps back and forth making no sense. I sure hope that don't happen with this new heartfelt show called This Is Us. Wonderful show that touches all genders and problems of life. I know I spoke of it before and wonder if any of you have watched it yet? At first it threw me off a little by going back in time to present but I realized that was so we could understand the goings on of the present situations. What are you watching these days? Sorry this is what I have to talk about. other then my ailments and everyone don't want to hear all that. photo is from free pixabay, only one I could find for this discussion.
I know and the show did not get a big audience there.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
don't know why. shes a really good actress and it was as good as any other on at that time. i heard a lot was disappointed about it. she had a long run in Will and Grace so don't know why this didn't work out. hope they find another good one for her that stays.
@bunnybon7 they need to make money there.also the sponsor are not too happy
• Los Arcos, Spain
Uh oh. Have not seen any of those because they have stopped showing a lot of Comedy from other Countries. I donĀ“t know why that is but that is what they do. Spanish Comedy is not really that funny. There are Series that I have seen and liked while they were on. "Cheers", "Prince Of Bel Air", he made me smile did Carlton with his Tom Jones thing and "Way to Avonlea", was one that I was watching every week. Great acting and I loved "Hetty" who never changed one bit. Seen other Series of yours "Little House On The Prairie". One I still like is the "The Gran Chaparral" and Manolito and Blueboy are my favourites and Victoria and Buck.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
• Los Arcos, Spain
21h
@bunnybon7 I really have tried to watch it but after ten minutes I was out for the night. I did not find it one bit scary at all.
• Portland, Connecticut
I watch youtube and have been concentrating on Who Do You Think You Are Australia at the moment and Bargain Hunt.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
thats interesting.
• Portland, Connecticut
@bunnybon7 Last night however I watch dancing with the stars which I love
@ChesneyM (5886)
I hardly have time to watch anything these days. Every now and then if I was lucky, I would watch something from youtube for a bit, and that was it.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
sorry. i was like that when i worked. there will come a time you can rest and enjoy such things
@ChesneyM (5886)
@bunnybon7 I thought of the future when the kids leave me, having their own lives. Problem is, by then, my eyes would be too weak to read books or to enjoy watching anything, while my aging body would be full of aches and pains, not appropriate for traveling. We parents can't win!
@KrauseHome (29926)
Well, it does seem like a lot of good shows end when they are getting good. Like Parenthood that was one of my favorites. But it is nice when you can go back and Binge watch shows you used to watch or the shows you have missed the recent episodes on as well.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
yes i am running through some different ones
I have watched a few of those episodes.It was pretty good. Too bad they cancelled it.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
yes
I never watched the show for some reason. We finished Goliath on Amazon. Now watching Sneaky Pete.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
i should look into that show sneaky pete maybe
@DWDavis (8841)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My wife and I got to the point where we would never say out loud that we liked a show because every time we did it got canceled.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
never thought of that. guess i should stop saying that. mine seem to get canceled all the time
@PatZAnthony (7418)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We usually have what we enjoy taken off the air too. It is funny what stays as better than what we like.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
must be what the stations make up. i am not sure they even care
@suziecat7 (2853)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Many of my favorite shows were canceled through the years. Yet Law and Order lives on.....Go figure.
@bunnybon7 (27750)
• Holiday, Florida
i do like SVU in law and order. mostly because of Mariska Hargitay who is Jane Mansfields daughter. a very good actress is mariska
@Fishmomma (9604)
18h
This Is Us which just finished its first season will be on for a long time. The ratings are amazing and its very unusual to see a show get a 2 season renewal on a network channel. The Mysteries Of Laura didn't do well rating wise and networks do have to make money. I'm hoping Debra Messing will find another show soon. She is talented and I loved watching Will and Grace. I'm a huge fan of This Is Us. Its my favorite new show and must see television.