Ten Favorite Country General Questions: Does My Ring Hurt Your Finger (#2)

@FourWalls (11346)
From those questions about who, what, and why in rock and roll I move over to country, where any other question is fair game. After the #1 song tomorrow those will change, with country music featuring the who/what/why questions and everything else in rock. Meanwhile, here's the penultimate country question. #2: Does My Ring Hurt Your Finger - Charley Pride I was a mere seven years old when this song came out...and I thought, "Is this guy that stupid?" Love is blind, and in this terrific early song by Country Charley Pride. "I understand, sometimes we all need time alone," he says, "but why do you always leave your ring at home?" A little trivia about this great Country Music Hall of Fame singer: Charley Pride was a professional baseball player! He played in the Negro League for the Memphis Red Sox and the Birmingham Black Barons as a pitcher. There's a connection between country and baseball...hopefully one of my music historian colleagues will investigate that connection on a scholarly level some day. This is one of my favorite songs in the career of Charley Pride, who is still out there performing. Does My Ring Hurt Your Finger Written by Doris Clement, Jerry Crutchfield, and Don Robertson Recorded by Charley Pride From The Country Way, 1967 It seemed to be just right
I had no idea he'd played in the Negro Leagues. Interesting.
I have been to the Negro Leagues museum in Kansas City and didn't recall seeing anything on Pride. That's an oversight on their part.