I Found Some More Food Facts

More than 321,000,000 people live in the USA. So, this is not totally surprising considering all the chicken nuggets that are eaten every day. Are those nuggets really chicken, though? It has been estimated that approximately 800,000+ chickens are killed every hour in the USA for consumption. That’s about SEVEN BILLION every year. What about corn? It has been said that “out of every ten ears of corn grown in the USA” about TWO are sold for human consumption. The rest are used to feed animals and to make ethanol gasoline. Corn on the cob, still in the husks, is sold at local stores here, in season, for about TEN CENTS each, or TEN for a Dollar. I usually purchase a couple ears of corn and make a meal out of them. Sometimes, its sweet corn and tastes really good. Other times, not so much. My brother grows the sweetest corn I’ve ever tasted. Sometimes I time my visit to his house about 100 miles away, when he harvests his corn. He always lets me know.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I remember them telling us that when I went to College in Iowa. Most of it was for pigs, cows, other animals, and other stuff. Not that much would wind up as "corn on the cob."
The USA grows a lot of corn, so it's cheap to buy.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@IreneVincent Yeppers. I loved cycling through the corn fields. The world felt...alive!
This is one "corny" post. Sorry, I couldn't contain myself. I don't eat chicken nuggets. Is there even real chicken in them?
Who really knows? I don't eat chicken nuggets either, but I know my great grandchildren do. I would not feed them nuggets, but their parents see no harm in it.
@LoriAMoore (8669)
800,000 chickens an hour? Geeze!
Sweet corn always seems to go with summer for me!!! Such a treat.
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
Food adulteration is becoming a bit of a problem for the developed world. In school we studied how this food fraud, in Victorian times, lead to the modern laws we have today
@prinzcy (5082)
Homemade chicken nuggets do contain chicken I love corns. The easiest recipe is to boil them with salt.