Beware Of Creatures In The Toilet

@Jon2071 (260)
I was just wondering if you have had an experience similar to the one my three year old son and I had a few months ago. My wife was recently pregnant and during the process we made several trips to the doctor. Well something crazy occurred on one visit. My son, daughter and I were in the lobby waiting for my wife. My son asked if he could go to the restroom. Being three he needed a little help so I accompanied him to give assistance. When he was finished he asked for help flushing the toilet. As I tried to push down the handle...I noticed that the handle was not working properly...it was as if there was something plugging it up. I began to investigate and low and behold...what I saw startled me so much that I jumped three steps back and almost fell over. There it was... a drenched brown squirrel staring up me! The poor little critter had gotten caught in the plumbing and was now struggling to get out. I made sure to move my son out of the bathroom and shouted the news to the other people in the office, "There is a squirrel in the toilet!" Of course, everyone in the waiting room and all the office personal came to see for themselves because one on believed me at first. After they saw him they were dumbfounded too. How did he get in there? As they watched the very unhappy squirrel struggled but could not get out. Fortunately for the squirrel, the doctor showed up. When he saw the squirrel he grabbed a bag and some gloves and rescued him and moved him outside to safety. I'm glad my son is a brave little guy as other children may have been terrified to use the toilet again after such an experience. Has anyone else ever had anything similar happen to them. I am just glad it was not a snake!
@Morleyhunt (16800)
My sister in law got up in the night....turned on the bathroom light and spotted somethings black on the edge of the seat. Her husband woke to her screams....it was a bat. Welcome to Mylot.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
So many people have Bad Bats stories. I only have squirrels and starlings screeching and pooping.
@Jon2071 (260)
Yeah that would be pretty scary. You never know when something like that is going to happen!
@Morleyhunt (16800)
@Jon2071 I'm glad it didn't happen to me.
I think i would have ran into the wall or tripped backward and fell lol.... Funny article, great first post welcome to myLot!
@Jon2071 (260)
I just about did. My son thought it was all very funny!
@Jon2071 I can imagine for a kid it would be quite hysterical lol
@louievill (16341)
@louievill (16341)
Always expect the unexpected
@Jon2071 (260)
The story of my life. :-)
@ramapo17 (19125)
• Melbourne, Florida
I never had anything like that happen to me or my kids or grandkids. I am glad the squirrel got out and now you have a story to amuse people through the years.
@UncleJoe (8617)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have read of several incidents where snakes have entered houses through the plumbing and come out in the commode.
@Jon2071 (260)
That would be worse...especially if it was a poisonous snake.
I have heard of snakes and rats, but a squirrel is a new one on me
• Bournemouth, England
So the doctor nearly ended up doubling up as a veterinarian?
@Jon2071 (260)
Yes...double duty. Apparently this had happened before because when they told him about the squirrel he commented..."Oh another one?" The next time we went in they did have the plumbing fixed so it could not happen again.
• Bournemouth, England
@Jon2071 Perhapss the second one went there on a recommendation from the first. Every good business gets referrals!
@prinzcy (5082)
I don't have funny accident like, thankfully But there was a case in my country where a guy was bitten by a python while sitting on the toilet. It became a huge uproar for a while. No idea how it get into the bowl.
@Jon2071 (260)
Yeah, there was a cobra that got loose here too, but they never found it. Hopefully it won't bite anyone!
• Lagos, Nigeria
@Jon2071 no7 am scared of using the toilet
@Plethos (4846)
rats, ive been greeted by them a few times. it got to the point to where i had a pair of leather gloves by the toilet for such instances.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
My friend's worst fear is a home invasion. Mine is mice and rats
@MandaLee (3699)
So am I. Oh my goodness!
@Shwetasingh (1364)
Omg.. really this was something very weird. But it has reminded me of my own experience which was a bit scary too. I went to the washroom and as soon as I locked the door I felt as if something is jumping in the toilet. I went close and my god!!!! It was a tiny lizard. It was struggling to come up, but as the seat was slippery so it couldn't come out... I called my maid as I am afraid of lizard then she helped me to rescue it.
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
Oh my goodness, I have not heard of a squirrel stuck in a toilet before. I shall check the bowl carefully before I go in future. A snake would be terrifying. I hope the squirrel is now okay after it's ordeal. Welcome to myLot.
I am glad it was a squirrel and not something worse - still, that could be very frightening for the child.
I am glad to hear that the squirrel was rescued. Poor little guy.
Oh my, your story had me chuckling. I have never heard of such a thing. Poor squirrel.
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
OMG, the odds on that have to be 1 in a Billion @Jon2071 . Poor, little squirrel.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
That's wild . I am curious (and a little afraid) to know how he got into that predicament.
@silvermist (15794)
@Jon2071 I keep wondering-what if it was a snake?
That's a funny story. I will also startled seeing such creature.lol