Ten Favorite Songwriting Teams: King/Goffin (#10)

@FourWalls (13354)
I'm listing my favorite songwriters, following an idea from @teamfreak16 . I've split this into three categories: favorite rock songwriters, favorite country songwriters, and favorite songwriting teams. (You know who's coming later!) Here's the first one on the list...and, waddaya know, after all this time of sharing the same idea, we have finally matched...sorta. #10: Carole King & Gerry Goffin Scott had King has his #10 favorite female songwriter. I'm going with the team. Yes, Carole King has written some incredible things on her own, and her 1971 Tapestry is one of those albums that "everyone" of my generation owns. Some of her greatest work ever, however, came with her then-husband, Gerry Goffin. Together they wrote a sizable chunk of the soundtrack of the 60s (that wasn't written by Lennon & McCartney). Carol Klein was a high school friend of Neil Sedaka (remember his name). Sedaka wrote his song "Oh, Carol!" about her. In response, King's hubby, Gerry Goffin, wrote "Oh, Neil" (which King recorded). Goffin and King were married for ten years, but oh, what that decade produced in the world of music. The list is long and jaw-dropping, but to give you some idea, Wikipedia quotes John Lennon saying in 1963 that he and Paul McCartney wanted "to become the Goffin-King of England." Drugs and an affair drove the couple apart in 1969, and King went on to that masterpiece Tapestry. Goffin wrote with other songwriters. He died in 2015 at the age of 75. And oh, what a legacy they left. Carole King & Gerry Goffin King: born Carol Jean Klein, February 9, 1942, New York, NY Goffin: born Gerald Goffin, February 11, 1939, Brooklyn, NY; died June 24, 2015, Los Angeles, CA (natural causes) Songwriters Hall of Fame: 1987 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: 1990 Best-known songs: "Pleasant Valley Sunday" (Monkees); "The Loco-Motion" (Little Eva, Grand Funk); "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" (Shirelles); "Up on a Roof" (Drifters); "Don't Bring Me Down" (Animals) My favorite song from Tapestry is a King/Goffin composition:
Carole King - Smackwater Jack ao vivo
So prolific. I would say the most successful pop (more than rock) writing team of all time although Bacharach-David might have something to say about it.
Technically, it's really not a match. Two different categories, and I didn't mention Goffin at all.