Black is Black: #8 "Black Dog" Led Zeppelin (1971)

Los Angeles, California
You all know this one. A Led Zep classic. “Steady loaded woman gonna come my way Need a woman, gonna hold my hand Will tell me no lies, make me a happy man” “Black Dog” is probably overplayed on classic rock radio though nowhere near like “Stairway to Heaven” every hour. There is a story behind the song. A randy old black labrador retriever hung around the Headley Grange recording studios and the dog inspired a song of desire with writing credit given to Plant-Page-Jones. The song is explicit with the repeated “Push it baby” and “Ooh ohh aah ooo.” “Black Dog” is distinct for Robert Plant’s a cappella verses and strong guitar riffs. From “Led Zeppelin IV,” “Black Dog” charted at Billboard #15 and was a concert staple.
Watch this live version of "Black Dog" performed by Led Zeppelin, the greatest rock band of all time! The song's title is a reference to a nameless black lab...
...and an old karaoke favorite of mine.
Scar must get jealous of that old black dog.
@JohnRoberts I don't do the karaoke thing anymore, throat won't allow it
you have good taste in music sir. Been a Zep fan since I was a little girl. Met Robert Plant once and last month I was in London, so I went to Jimmy Page's house to check it out. I couldn't believe I was standing outside Pagey's house
And I learned something new. Did not know why it was called "Black Dog" until now.
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
Not one of my favourite Zep songs, still we could do worse