Why bother with bird feeders?

@sallypup (26606)
Moses Lake, Washington
I have a couple of bird feeders. The wind knocks them down so I quit messing with them and went with being lazy. And the birds continue to be here. They sneak grain from the dairy farmer and then come to my place and snatch feed from the turkey gal and the chickens. Birds? Saw my first vulture having a snack as I drove to town the other day. Not a delightful sight but guess vultures have to live, too. And the continuing loud splashes of ducks as they smack the water way below the property, dodging in coming Canada geese and playful screaming killdeer pipers. Love their silly straw thin legs as they dance in the shallows. Close to the house, sparrows tease the pups and mourning doves make odd noises as they fly, competing with the meadowlarks and even louder red winged blackbirds. I'm surprised I am not deaf from all the hoorah going on as I attempt to weed or water.
That reminds me of being down south. we drove about 20 hours to visit my sister's aunt. The next morning we hear some animal outside making a loud noise. We were sitting at the kitchen table. We had to get up very early or we could not eat. My mom had us packed back up in the car. We drove right back home. What a waste of time.
@sallypup I know it was some kind of bird. It was just making noise.
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 Oh. When we visited Galveston, Texas there was a very loud bird that seemed common to the area but no one could tell me what it was.
@sallypup I would not know what bird was making noise for us It woke us and we were not dealing with that another day.
You really do have a wide variety of birds in your area. I bet it does get noisy!!!
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 Its supposed to semi arid here but the county has pumped in a ton of water down below us so birds are zipping in for a fun time. At night the frogs are very, very loud. Fun.
@megatron777 (3779)
• Guam
Looks like you're a bird lover.
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@megatron777 Have to be cause I live in a bird habitat.
• Guam
@sallypup Alright that sounds great!
I don't call that lazy, it's letting the birds do what Mother Nature intended ..... stealing seeds from farmers, turkeys and flowers. She would thank you if she could, well, maybe she already has. Those crazy mourning doves, I've tried to make that weird sound of theirs but haven't had any luck, it's an awful sound of ya ask me.
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann I think mourning doves make a tarzan noise. It is insane.
Ok, tarzan with a sore throat @sallypup ??
@shivamani10 (11235)
• Hyderabad, India
I like birds. Feeding birds brings fortune and good money.
Sometimes our magpies start up very early in the day and we pretend to be mad and shout at them to shut up. They never listen though. It could be worse. It could be traffic or loud music disturbing our mornings.
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv You have magpies? Long tailed black and white birds? On my East side of the mountains we have magpies but same state and west of the mountains, they don't. They have gorgeous Steller blue jays. Same family- the crows- so very noisy and smart mouthed like you say.
@sallypup Our magpies aren't the same as yours - or the same as those in the UK. I'd add a photo of yours. Although I said we complain about the magpies they do warble beautifully. And they are good mimics. This clip is a poor example really.
An Australian magpie singing a very small part of their repertoire. The full song is unbelievable.
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv Yours looks stunning. I'll try to figure a way to show you my version.
@epiffanie (10413)
We used to have a few bird feeders around the garden but for some reasons, we just lost the novelty of it because the the big noisy birds started congregating more often ..lol..
@sallypup (26606)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@epiffanie Bully birds?
You have do many animals visiting you I think they must like you and your animals
That is their plan to make you go deaf until you put the bird feeders back.