What's your "go-to" MyLot subject when things have been slow or your mojo's just not working?

Pleasant Hill, California
People who know me here know that I have certain subject I like to write about: hiking with kids, music-related things, gardening, my life of crime, etc. I'd probably write more about sports, but that's not a "hot" topic here. Do you have a go-to subject when things have been slow for you on MyLot, or you're just not feeling inspired? I'm trying to think about what mine might be. I'll have to review my own posts and see. Hmm. I think I'll go check now.
• Denmark
I have loads of posts which I wrote for other - now defunct - sites. I can always find something there. Or I may have an inspiration and write a new post about this or that. My best posts are on books and travel destinations. I used to be a guide for these categories on a British site for several years, (not simultaneously, first travel, then books). Yet, these two topics are of minor interest on myLot. Unfortunately, I don't have many posts of the type "What I had for breakfast" or "My great-nephew is coming for a visit", etc. :-(
• Pleasant Hill, California
If I do a "What I had for breakfast" post, you will know that my tongue is a little bit in my cheek. The photo for my "Why I won't eat my Doctor" post, or whatever I called it, is actually a dish I made with snow peas once they got to fat and gassy to taste good raw. I thought of doing a post about that, but haven't gotten around to it. I have saved my old Epinions posts, and a few from "the site that will not be named," but haven't used more than one or two here.
• Denmark
@TheHorse I wrote a breakfast post when I wanted to reach payout limit and it worked.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@MALUSE I just went back and checked some of my posts. My "What I Had for Breakfast" post (which I had forgotten about) has more comments on it than any other post I could find!
Those blank moments happen to everyone I am sure. When it happens to me, I simply wait until I get an inspiration.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like it when I get an idea that's really odd, or something really odd happens. But that's not an every-day thing.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
You know, on previous sites I've been on I've always known what the hot topics are and what attracts poeple to read. Here, these days, I'm content to just plod along and write what I like when I feel like it. I do sometimes wonder if the Hot Discussions are hot topics or hot users, those who interact a lot and follow a lot of people.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think there's a popularity contest involved, but popularity is earned by interacting a lot.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
@TheHorse true. That's what I feel like telling newcomers who ask how those discussions are chosen. Actually, I hope you let us know what you come up up with after you've reviewed your most popular posts.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@valmnz So far, it's "What I Had for Breakfast." Sigh.
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
Haha a favourite flower post is always handy. I haven't done it yet. I have too many notifications to write a post today.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like posting pictures of pretty flowers I encounter on hikes. Indian Paintbrush is still among my favorites, maybe partially because it was my parents' favorite too.
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
@TheHorse They are gorgeous. I have a small peony tree in flower at present. They are my favourite. I need to take a pic.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Gillygirl Do a post about it!
@spiderdust (2760)
• San Jose, California
I often post about food when I can't think of anything else. Then I go and look at the activity of my follows and comment on what they've been writing or commenting on.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I don't think I write about food that often. But I do enjoy eating.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse I figure that everyone eats, so it's a subject that everyone could comment on if they wished. I also used to have a job where I had to create new recipes all the time... I miss that, but apparently can't post recipes here (according to the FAQ), but I can talk about food without posting recipes.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse Ah, that does make sense. You can avoid copyright problems by banning the recipe posting.
My favorite topics are food/cooking, gardening, traditions and habits of other countries. Sport is not my thing, religions and politics I skip.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I enjoy learning about other countries. I even enjoyed learning that the voice over for Columbo, one of my favorite TV shows, was well done in Italy. I don't mind religion. My assumption is that all religions are based on similar principles.
@TheHorse I fully agree with you about religions. Knowing about other countries is what I like more.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse Wait, we have a jazz station??
Unless I manage to take a cool photo of something, I just write about the usual.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Once in awhile it will be a fun photo that leads to a post for me.
@TheHorse - Is that a cow?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@teamfreak16 It's my favorite goat up where I take the kids.
I suppose mine would be something relating to shopping! I can't relate to sports! Have a lovely weekend!
• Pleasant Hill, California
You too! I do RESPOND to sports-related posts if it's a sport I follow, and the subject matter isn't too obscure (I'd respond to a post about Warriors basketball), but I don't generate them.
@TheHorse Thank you! Looks like it'll be a nice weekend with the nice weather. I'll respond to sports if it's vague (like about simple sports) but in detail about the game or results I wouldn't know what to say!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@infatuatedbby I don't do sports posts here at all--at least not to my recollection. My favorite readers/writers are from all around the world, and few care that my San Francisco Giants baseball team isn't very good this year, or that Madison Bumgarner is injured. Things like weather, gardening, shopping, language, and family life are more "universal."
• Tirgu Mures, Romania
I am at the beginning and I do not have any ideas...I don't know what people want to talk about
• Pleasant Hill, California
Be captain, not crew. Write about what you want to write about!
• Tirgu Mures, Romania
@TheHorse But maybe what interests me does not interest others
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DianaAndreea It doesn't matter! If you say you love reality shows, professional wrestling, Donald Trump, rap music, and gardening, I'll either tease you (in a good-natured way) one of the former, or ask what plants you like to grow. There's always something to talk about!
My go to is to socialize here and there on the site. Occasionally I post something about my life.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I enjoy socializing here. I don't get too personal when I post about my life. I guess I like to exaggerate day-to-day life stuff in a futile attempt to be amusing.
@TheHorse I am not too personal usually. Mostly just my daily procrastination and general disorganization and my love of skiing. lol oh and vacuuming. Can you believe that my husband does not want me to bring the vacuum to our holiday condo! I will have to be constantly borrowing one from the office - hopefully they will lend it to me.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@paigea AS you may know, vacuuming is one of my great joys in life. I may do it now, just for the pleasure of it.
My go to is talking about my kiddo's and having a cute picture of them. =) There is always something to talk about when it comes to my children. Lol.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I had a few "kids say the darndest things" posts on Bubblews. I didn't save them, though. Maybe I'll try to recreate a few. My 8-year-old neighbor buddy (and my kid clients) is good for a post now and then.
@TheHorse Yeah most people love kids and they love reading about the silly or smart things they say! =)
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LovingMyBabies I'm going to have to rennaissance "Kids say the darndest things about gay, lesbian and transgender relationships!"
Not that things get slow often, my go-to topic is myLot. When you use the word myLot in a title and tags it usually does well.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh heh. I've found that to be the case too. Usually, anyway.
@TheHorse And the ones with myLot in the title get the most likes and comments.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@AbbyGreenhill My leading post over the past few months remains "What I had for breakfast today," or something like that. Sigh.
Scar. I only go for site-related discussions when I get fed up with some things.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh yeah. I like posting about animals, and my antics with the animals up at Borges Ranch. Site-related. Fed up. Hmm.
@TheHorse Since I am always scanning the MRD list, at times I'll see discussions that popped up overnight with people giving 'bad' information about the site and getting responses from newer users about how 'I didn't know that was how it worked'...and it isn't how it works. When 2 or 3 have shown up like that in a short time, I start in on one of my 'myLot 101' discussions trying to correct the erroneous assumptions.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JolietJake I hope such posts get read by those they're intended for.
@garymarsh6 (12182)
Hmm let me see! It is probably to do with travel. I don't like Malu do breakfast posts either!
• Pleasant Hill, California
My "What I Had for Breakfast" post was one of my most "successful." Sigh.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse What *did* you have for breakfast? I had my usual over-medium eggs and buttered toast and coffee today.
• Riga, Latvia
If things are not coming together I post about my favorite topic music. Usually I have not problem to decide what to post because I have a set pattern and at the moment it seems to be working.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Musical tastes are such a personal thing!
• Riga, Latvia
@TheHorse with music people can discuss what they prefer or don't and why and so on. I guess I am really into all kinds of music because it also inspires my poetry.
Nope I just talk and they come, LOL. I laughed while I write that line. Right now its slow on all the sites, the warm weather is taking is all outside to soak up some rays and make gardens, complain about grass and such. Talk about God, people love to throw down on that subject Or say " I love Trump!" THEY will come .
• Pleasant Hill, California
"I love Trump." That'll get 'em going. I should write a "fake news" post about my religious and political views and see if I gut a rise out of people. "I just talk and they come." I wish I had that kind of power.
My go to subject would never be about sports. Love gardening and books and walking and music.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like it when people post pretty pictures of their walks and visits. Gardening is also an interest of mine, and I enjoy learning from others who do the same.
@shivamani10 (10817)
• Hyderabad, India
Why.? You can write your subjects of inteest. We too will learn and know about them.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Why what? I tend to write about things that interest me. But sometimes I exhaust my supply.
I sort of fell into the music thing. I started the daily TV post because it's easy to talk about what I saw and for other members to speak of what they did.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I watch so little TV, it's almost a waste having the service. I can list the series I've enjoyed over the years on one hand, well maybe two. Lemme try: All in the Family, Seinfeld, Northern Exposure, House, Columbo, Breaking Bad, South Park...I guess that's two hands...
@Raelove (15581)
• Saco, Maine
For me, it would have to be Nature, and if that fails, which is rare, then cooking.