The Snow Birds are heading north

@ramapo17 (19556)
Melbourne, Florida
Here in Florida the people that live in the north during the summer head south for the winter. We get so many down here but now as the north is getting warmer temperatures, the people are going back home as they don't like the heat. Now there will be less cars on the road and less people in the stores but best of all, our pool will not be crowded any longer.
Lucky you. As it gets nicer here, we get more tourist
@ramapo17 (19556)
• Melbourne, Florida
It is funny how the different areas in the country are so different. It use to be like that when I lived in the northeast. The southern people would go up there as it was cooler in the mountains.
@ramapo17 yeah.. but i live on an "island" called cape cod in Massachusetts. Only way to get off is to take one of two bridges. And they are crowded in late spring to early fall.
@ramapo17 (19556)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Courtlynn I am familiar with Cape Cod. My mother was from New England and we were up there a lot as a child. My grandson goes to Martha's Vineyard all the time as his other grandparents have a home there that will be his when he gets older.
@prashu228 (23401)
I too live in a tourist place , but as its summer its too hot here .As people love to visit cool places in summer , most of them are going on summer vacations to other cooler places from here.
@ramapo17 (19556)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is the way it is here to. The other day was so hot I wouldn't go outside. I run out to water some plants and then I stay in the rest of the day with the air conditioner on.
I'm sure our tourist towns here are pleased to see the tourist head home during the off-season. Our snow birds are called grey nomads in Australia.
@ramapo17 (19556)
• Melbourne, Florida
Hahaha, that is different.
That is good that your pool will not be crowded.
@ramapo17 (19556)
• Melbourne, Florida
I think we are going to go there tomorrow and hopefully the nice warm salt water will help my back.
Enjoy the good weather
@ramapo17 (19556)
• Melbourne, Florida
I will. Is it getting warm by you yet?