I am sleepy most of the time. Why? Is Sodium the culprit?

@Sreekala (20424)
It has been more than two weeks now I feel like sleepy even in morning. I had an impression that I left much sleep due to some programs recently.However, the program got over last Saturday and I had enough sleep even after that I feel sleepy and I felt my eyes become heavy. Yesterday I called up my father to know about his health status (old age problems). He too complaint that he felt sleepy most of the time and he met his doctor to know what is the reason for this. The doctor said it is due to lack of Sodium and asked him to drink lemon water adding enough salt. With surprise I told him I am also feeling the same. I know I have low BP. (low bp problem comes when sodium is less in blood). What a coincidence. I am educated much on this, lol How about your health? Hope every one is doing good and healthy.
@dhoyalahoy (1419)
You're just tired and need rest
@Sreekala (20424)
Yes, it seems, I need lot of rest and sleep but not possible though
@Sreekala health is wealth
@shivamani10 (11135)
• Hyderabad, India
I do not have any health problem. I will be helping those suffering from health problems. Better you keep some glucose with you when you go out. Have some sugar water also in a bottle and keep it with you. Low B.P is very dangerous.
@Sreekala (20424)
I have to agree I am neglecting a lot. Today when I sit on floor then getting up I felt darkness in eyes for some moments. Still I am not learning anything
@else34 (13612)
• New Delhi, India
@Sreekala Fortunatell I don't have any health problem whatsoever.The only problem I have is I sleep late.Sleep remains elusive till late night.And I get up at 5 a.m. I think you'd better visit your doctor. Get yourself examined thoroughly.
@Sreekala (20424)
My goodness, you are just opposite of me. I was searching in net about this problem, it says no special medicine for this. Only thing we have to do balance the sodium level with water.
@else34 (13612)
• New Delhi, India
@Sreekala But how would you do this? Is there some pill that can improve the level of sodium in your body? What does your doctor say?
@Sreekala (20424)
@else34 No pills available. I haven't met a doctor but my father and doctor told him to drink enough water contains salt (lemon juice, rice water etc).
This is the mango season. Mangoes put me to sleep. I eat a lot of them.
@Sreekala (20424)
That is a new information for me, mangoes can make you sleep. The season is going to end, isn't it? Have you preserve mangoes for future use?
@Sreekala I still have some on our trees and later I will preserve the pulp
@Sreekala (20424)
@allknowing You won't make pickles? Make dry mangoes?
In answering your question. I am in fine health; i can' t drink salt in water as I have high blood pressure
@Sreekala (20424)
I am just opposite (low blood pressure). You have to control salt in food too. Take care of your health.
@Sreekala I try to avoid salt. i do try to take care of my health
@Sreekala (20424)
@Marty1 Good. For me I have to carry salt
@akp100 (13289)
Yup, currently going all well. Healthy and hot as summer is effecting me too much. Then you should have lemon juice regularly to avoid such problem.
@Sreekala (20424)
I have to buy lemon as bulk, it seems that is the only remedy.
@akp100 (13289)
@Sreekala Yes, that's a good idea. Go for it.
@nitsbubb (322)
• New Delhi, India
My father is not well, He is having many health issues but he is managing himself.
@Sreekala (20424)
Yes, I remember you mentioned about the health issues of your father earlier in some posts, I think in bubblews. How is he now?
@spaceseed (2894)
same problem with me, but for me some times i do not get deep sleep in night.one more suggestion before going to bed do some pranayaam like kapaalbhaati and alom vilom that helps
@Sreekala (20424)
Thank you so much for the suggesion. I too read it meditation will help for this problem.
Does this mean I got too much sodium which is why I couldn't sleep as early as I could? I didn't realize less sodium is bad either.
@Sreekala (20424)
My father had problems earlier and admitted in hospitals due to lack of sodium. His BP was high so he might avoid salt in a great way and that might be the reason. Lack of sodium may cause memory problem too.
@prashu228 (25797)
This problem may trigger some another , better take precautions now itself. Take sodium rich foods and visit doctor if its necessary
@Sreekala (20424)
My goodness, so I have to be careful
@responsiveme (14225)
Carbohydrates?
@Sreekala (20424)
I have not much ideas on these
@vin12345 (579)
• Kerala, India
Lemonade might help, actually it might be due to some other factors as well like weather and so.
@Sreekala (20424)
I too thought like that, the heat may be making me this way. Since my BP is low, there may be chance of this.
Lemon water is really good for you to drink.
@Sreekala (20424)
Yes, especially in hot summer.
@Nawsheen (22913)
• Mauritius
There are numerous causes behind feeling sleepy during the day. At a certain point i had anaemia and was always feeling tired and wanted to nap. And low BP may be caused due to a lack of sodium. So taking sodium rich foods might help.