James Comey: A Hero or Victim Of Politics?

@dragon68 (785)
"Integrity is a word that doesn't get used a lot in Washington anymore. But that is the quality that has defined James Comey's service to our nation", was how Time Magazine described him in its May 1/May 8, 2017 issue about "The 100 Most Influential People". Few days after the issue of Time Magazine and in a sudden twist of fate and on May 9, 2017, James Comey was fired by Pres. Trump. on the recommendation of the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States since allegedly he was not able to effectively lead the Bureau as per letter of Pres. Trump to James Comey dated May 9, 2017. Was the firing of James Comey proper or was it politically motivated due the pending investigation about the Russian interference with the last U.S. Presidential election in which Trump is being linked? Was James Comey a hero or a victim of politics?
@EMuhungi (1729)
• Nairobi, Kenya
So bad for James Comey. I try to think he is a victim of politics after losing his job.
@dragon68 (785)
@EMuhungi Yes, many oeple opined that there's some connection with the pending investigation being conducted by the Senate about the Russian involvement with the Trumps campaign team in the last election, who knows?
@EMuhungi (1729)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@dragon68 I hope that they credible enough and find the truth.
He was a victim in that madhouse!!!
@dragon68 (785)
@DianneN Maybe he was a victim.
@Nawsheen (22905)
• Mauritius
I think he is a victim of politics and if this is truly the case then its so disappointing and unfortunate
@dragon68 (785)
@nawsheen Perhaps he was indeed a victim of politics.
@responsiveme (12676)
Read that news in the paper but this is out of my league
@dragon68 (785)
@responsivime Thanks anyway to your response.
@DWDavis (11215)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
According to Trump, he was going to fire Comey no matter what the DAG said. According to the DAG, the letter he sent Trump did not recommend Comey's firing. Trump's staff has been falling all over itself for days now trying to fix the lies they told about the firing that contradicted what Trump came out and said. I don't think Comey should have been fired. I do think it was politically motivated and very Nixonian. Comey was a good man in the wrong place at the wrong time trying to do an impossible job. When asked to put loyalty to Trump ahead of loyalty to the United States and our Constitution, he refused, and it got him fired.
@dragon68 (785)
@DWDavis Yup you might be right. James Comey wouldn't or refuse to play this "loyalty-check" game of Trump and presto, he was fired.
@ShifaLk (7312)
I don't know this details.... But I'm gonna get the updates
@dragon68 (785)
@ShifaLk Ok thank you for your response.
@ShifaLk (7312)
The Dems. Maxine Waters. Schumer. Debby W. Reid. Hillary Clinton blames him for her loss. Nancy Pelozi. They showed no liking for him when they collectively said together that they didn't like him and called for his resignation. Now, that Pres. Trump helped by firing Comey, they say he's their victimized hero based on July5th '16. Btw, Pes. Trump only fired the FBI director, NOT the entire FBI Dept. The termination will in no way impede any investigation Russia collusion allegations.
@dragon68 (785)
@everwonderwhy Alright, thanks for the clarification.
@anniepa (26304)
Who the heck is Debby W. Reid?
@GreatMartin (4317)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Mother always taught me never to discuss politics and/or religion--not that I always listened to mother but in this case I don't agree with Time Magazine--he played politics and lost!
@dragon68 (785)
@GreatMartin Ok thanks for your view.
@anniepa (26304)
In what way do you think he played politics?
@FayeHazel (8487)
I think there is a lot of information that we aren't told as to why....
@dragon68 (785)
@FayeHazel You are right that government has so many secrets.
@kevinakash (1983)
• Sri Lanka
i 'm not familiar with these things but i cn say when politics attach to anything it would be worse
@dragon68 (785)
@kevinakash That's the dirty side of politics.
• Marion, Kansas
It will probably take a long time and a lot of investigating to figure it out.
@dragon68 (785)
@GardenGerty Yes, ti will really take tiem, but hopefully the public will know the truth of it all.
@JediYoda (1744)
• Samoa
@dragon68 Hmmm, interesting question... hard to answer your question but I hope the truth will come out soon.
@dragon68 (785)
@jediYoda I hope too that the truth will come out soon on this issue.
@anniepa (26304)
At this point I'd call him a hero. It's because of him we have the independent counsel which might end up bringing down this illegitimate administration so he might in effect safe the planet. I wasn't real happy with the way he went about things with Hillary Clinton but I realize now he was doing what he believed to be the right thing.