I lost my husband Monday

I know its been awhile since I been on. Most of you who have been following me knew my husband was a truck driver. He was in a horrible semi wreck May 9 and my worst nightmare has came true. Monday I had to make the worst decision of my life in taking him off life support. We took him off at 1 pm and he passed 1:15. This has been such a nighmare. I just cant believe he is gone.
• Olney, Illinois
That is so sad. My condolences to you.
thank you, this seems so unreal. I just cant believe all the years he has driven this happened.
• Olney, Illinois
@AutumnSnow It happens in a heartbeat...my nephew drove for a few years, and one day he didn't make it home
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JolietJake This is the song that comes to mind. Jimmy Martin. You can't top that.
OMG I am so shocked and saddened to read this. My sincerest and deepest sympathies to you and your family during this very difficult time. I can not even imagine how shocking this all must be. I am here for you if you need anybody to talk to. I may not be able to do much but I am here to help in any way that I can. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you, this just seems so unreal and a nightmare. He's driven over 10 years I just cant believe this.
@AutumnSnow I can only imagine
Oh my gosh I am so so sorry. I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. I will be praying for the comfort of your family.
Thank you it just seems so unreal.
I am sorry to hear that. I am sure he is in good hand.
@scheng1 (24984)
My goodness, so sorry to hear that. I hope that you do not neglect food and rest. Just bear in mind that your husband would want you to live a good life. He would not want you to neglect your health.
thank you, I know and I am trying too.
@bluesa (7381)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am so sorry. What a truly horrific and soul wrenching decision to have to make. May he rest in peace @AutumnSnow . Strength and comfort to you. @TiarasOceanView is right, if at all possible try to spend time here to be around others, even if only online. Take care.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Thanks Catherine, we all care very much.about @AutumnSnow.
@bluesa (7381)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
• Lakewood, Colorado
@AutumnSnow A lot for you to prepare and do then AutumnSnow.
@CoralLevang (28071)
I am so sorry to hear of this. Life is so precious and we just never know. Know that you are in my thoughts. My heart goes out to you and your family.
@responsiveme (11842)
Very sorry.My deepest condolences.
Thank you
@bunnybon7 (30040)
• Holiday, Florida
@AutumnSnow just know you will see him again some day
@fishtiger58 (27169)
• Momence, Illinois
My condolences.
I am so sorry. We humans do not know much about life until we lose one we love. My thoughts are with you at this time.
• Austin, Texas
sympathy
Such things you never want to believe. It will take time but you will accept your new reality. I'm sure your husband would want you to keep him in your heart, but to keep on living as well. Stay strong. Can you do that?? We're here for you to help you find your inner strength.
• Lakewood, Colorado
That sure is beautiful Moneyspinner.
OMG I am so so sorry to hear this. How heartbreaking.
Thank you
@Mike197602 (13106)
• Worcester, England
Very sorry for your loss
Thank you
@AutumnSnow I am sorry to hear such sad news. My prayers are going out for you. May he be remembered for all he has done in life and may you be comforted in this time of loss.
Thank you, he was an amazing husband, loving and devoted father and a wonderful friend many.
I'm very sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family. That is a very hard decision to do.
@buenavida (7283)
• Sweden
So sorry - it is hard to lose someone we love.. I try to remember the words that Jesus said to a dying man: You will be with me in the paradise! Let us look forward to meet your husband, when the earth is a paradise.. That time is not far away..
@dianadee (1692)
• South Africa
So sad for you. I will pray for your strength in this difficult time.
• Preston, England
@AutumnSnow so sorry for your terrible loss - best possible wishes at such a terrible time for you and your family just now
@KristenH (16754)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Winter, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences. When my mother had a heart attack 3 years ago, she was in the CICU for 3.5 days and on life support. No new brain activity. Per her wishes the year before, she didn't want to be a vegetable. So my brother and I had to honor her last wish and watch her pass away. At 3:10 PM, we had last rites. And at 3:30 PM, she passed away. You'll be in my prayers.
Thank you it was such a hard decision to make. I did give sometime for his sister to come out of state to say their goodbyes and Monday we took him off at 1pm and he passed at 1:15. Im still in such shock he was a driver for over 10 years.
@KristenH (16754)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@AutumnSnow You're very welcome. I know it must be. That's good you gave your SIL some time. That's an important thing to do. I'm here if you need me.
@Jackalyn (4961)
• Oxford, England
I am so very sorry and praying for you in your loss. Ther cannot be many things harder than this. I'm sure you are in shock as well as grieving and while it may be a small comfort to know the Mylot community stands with and is thinking of you, I am sure we are.
Thank you yes I think I am still in shock I just can not believe this happened.