Tajikistan Sport: “Buzkashi”

In the land of Tajikistan, some of the best men will join a sport called “Buzkashi.” The Tajik people usually organize such sport during the month of November to April in the mountains. I am lucky to view such a sports event in the country. “Buzkashi” is like a men’s polo sport. The only difference is that they use a dead sheep or calf into the goal. If you are in such event, it was like watching a movie scene where there is a riot in defending their territories. Let me share it with you the unforgettable experience. “Have you seen this kind of sport?” Image Credit: Shavkat
I don't know because it's the first time I've seen. I would probably feel akward since they use sheep or calf skin.
I agree. I felt awkward moment during that time. It was a good experience despite the difference in culture. Image Credit: Shavkat
@KnehKnah (3481)
Wow! It seems thrilling to watch!
I can't agree more. It is one of a kind sport. It wasn't being televised as what we see in the modern world. Image Credit: Shavkat
@KnehKnah (3481)
@Shavkat Now, that guy reminds me of the Marlboro Man!
@KnehKnah I agree. It seems like watching a TV commercial.
I've read about this. It must be exciting to watch.
It was really exciting, my friend. The noise of the crowd and the players seem like a riot. It takes a matter of time to see who will be the winner. Image Credit: Shavkat
@Linda1234 (4812)
• Houston, Texas
I haven't seen it .I think it is good sports .
@Linda1234 (4812)
• Houston, Texas
@Shavkat Sounds exciting .Enjoy the event .
@Linda1234 It was a fun time. I had participated in this event once.
@Linda1234 (4812)
• Houston, Texas
@Shavkat great . Thanks sharing it with me .
@Fleura (5376)
It is interesting to see national traditions like this. What took you to Tajikistan?
I had a medical mission in this country. I had worked with UNICEF at that time.
@Fleura (5376)
@Shavkat How interesting! Did you go to other countries too? Tell us more about that - or did you already and I missed those posts?
@Fleura I am connected to VSO-UK. I didn't accept other offers after this mission. I am planning to do it again soon.
@annierose (17254)
Oh, I have never seen that kind of sport. Actually I was surprised that it was you who posted this. I was paying more attention on the title but not on the person who posted. So, I thought that this post was written by an Indian or any nationalities but not a Filipino.
It is nice that you had noticed this post. It's my pleasure to share this post.
@prashu228 (18670)
Never heard of this sport. Interesting but why do they use the sheep or calf skin, there should be some story or belief behind it, I am always interested to know such stories..
I think the sports had started in all the territories of Central Asia. It seems that they had used it as their entertainment. In Afghanistan, it is considered their national sport. Image Credit: Shavkat
@responsiveme (12454)
No, but heard of it
It is nice that you are aware of it. I hope you can watch it in the future. Image Credit: Shavkat