One of the reasons I have to stay on here

@ramapo17 (22564)
Melbourne, Florida
I always liked being in touch with people and need to do so for my own sanity. My mom had Alzheimer's as she got older and between that and having a massive stroke, she spent over 6 years in a bed and wheel chair. She couldn't feed herself nor take care of herself. She was never a social person and didn't have many friends. There was no reason for that as she was fun when we were together but I never realized how she must have been so lonely. I tried to teach her how to use a computer and to play some games on it but all she did before she got sick was sit in front of a tv. She use to be a great cook and would make anything for anyone that mentioned something they liked. I am determined not to get like that and make my children or grandchildren take care of me. Soooo, it looks like you folks are stuck with me.
@dpk262006 (56115)
It is always wiser to remain active in one or the other kind of activity. Keeping ourselves busy and involved helps us maintain our health.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are so right and that is why I need to stay on here and keep busy.
@dpk262006 (56115)
@ramapo17 You are very wise and practical.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@dpk262006 It is really a sad thing to see a loved one dealing with some issues that could have been avoided or helped. I know not all issues can be resolved but they are worth a try.
It is little known what causes Alzheimers, but I have heard that it helps to use your brain. But even if it has nothing to do with any outcome, mylot is a site where we have fun and learn a lot. So, here we are!
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
It is nice being with so many nice people to.
I try to keep my brain busy, nobody in my family had Dementia or Alzheimer's disease, but I do not want to take risks. My mom is 96, she still has a very good memory and no signs of Dementia.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is great @LadyDuck. Was she always an active person?
@ramapo17 She has never worked outside, she has been a housewife during all her life.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck That is the way all the older people were on my dads side. He had 12 siblings and none of them had it.
I think one's lifestyle does play a role in the infliction of Alzheimer's. You are doing the right thing by spending time with others even though it could be virtual.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right @allknowing. Besides good for the mind it is good for my hands that have arthritis. Typing is good exercise for them.
@ramapo17 Good exercise for the fingers. Yours is touch typing then.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@allknowing Yes it is. I need all the help I can get and typing keeps the fingers limber. I have arthritis and some bent fingers.
AT least she have you to take care of her. She's lucky to have a loving daughter like you. Meantime, come here so we can entertain you when you are done with taking care of your mom.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
My mom had been gone for many years now. My dad passed away at least 5 years after my mom.
@ramapo17 Oh I am sorry to hear that.
@silvermist (19887)
Welcome. I and I am sure many others are happy "to be stuck with you". I too have found that I feel good coming to mylot and "talking with " all of you. So hope you visit mylot as often as you can.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
Oh, I will be here. You will have to come and remove me from this site. Let me know when you are coming,,,
Woo! (:
The only one who will take care of me is my husband since we have no family around here.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill At least you have him. How long have you been married? Where do your children and relatives live?
@ramapo17 18 years... Second marriage for both.i don't have kids...He does.. Family I'd in NJ
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill I remember you saying about New Jersey because I told you I was from New Jersey also.
And glad to have you. I am so sorry to hear of your Mom.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am so glad to be here too. This is my family that is near me at all times, especially when my kids and grandsons cannot be.
@ramapo17 I get it..I only have one grown son who is not well and no other family..long story.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@TiarasOceanView Does your son live with you?
• Baguio, Philippines
Alzheimer's has been a burden to a family who had such condition. Precautions is good to do.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
I know first hand how bad it was for 6 years and I never want my kids to go through all that we went through.
• Baguio, Philippines
@ramapo17 That's a good motivation for you to maintain your good health.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@shantalclay I try my best and I know there is more I can do but one step at a time.
Us myLotters are stuck with each other! Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
Do you think there is a special place in heaven for us together? Wouldn't that be fun??
@ramapo17 talking about a special place in heaven isn't really in my immediate plans right now. I do know we all have a special place in the interwebs!
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@allen0187 You make a great point here.
WE are not "stuck" with you, we enjoy your company.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
Aww, gee, thanks @marlina. I appreciate you saying that.
@ramapo17 I mean it!
Very good news - that you are here to stay.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
Hahaha, no getting rid of me, at least not willingly.
@GreatMartin (4305)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I can't/won't picture a life ending as your mother's did which is why I feel Living Will is so important--at any age!
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
She did have a living will @GreatMartin but when the time came and the family was all together my dad said not to follow it and even though some of us did not agree with him, they doctors listened to him and that prolonged her life for near 5 years of care that she never even knew about. My dad just didn't want to let her go. It was so wrong for mom and all of us that had to take part in her dealing with the agony. We will never know if she knew what was going on.
@dodo19 (31990)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Honestly, I love having you here. It's always good to be active and socialize.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
I like hearing from all the different cultures that are represented on here. We are all unique and have so much to offer.
@dodo19 (31990)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@ramapo17 one thing I like as well. Different people from different cultures, background and countries.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@dodo19 I have learned more from being on here than I ever did in school. I have learned about many cultures and places I never knew existed. To bad I wasn't on here when I was in school I probably would have had much better grades.
@dianadee (1729)
• South Africa
So important to keep active and goal orientated!
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are absolutely right. How hot does it get down in South Africa? I can barely take the heat in the southern USA.
@dianadee (1729)
• South Africa
@ramapo17 In the eastern cape , where we reside, it is more temperate and not too extreme. The humidity level is not too high, either.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@dianadee That has to be so cool. I never met anyone from South Africa.
Hopefully, mylot will not close. I also love to mylot forever.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Shavkat I would be lost without all the great and interesting people that I meet on here every day.
@ramapo17 I can't agree more.
@nanette64 (17158)
• Fairfield, Texas
That's what's nice about a site like this one @ramapo17 . It may be a virtual site but everything and anything can be discussed.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right. It seems everything and anything is written about on here.
@Gabugs (1767)
That is wonderful good news. Would love it to be stuck with you @rampo17 Your determination is inspiring.
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
Thank you @Gabugs.
@shynu44 (4457)
keeping in touch with people is very good
@ramapo17 (22564)
• Melbourne, Florida
@shynu44 You are absolutely right.