Why to take risky travels unnecessarily?

On a hill
@prasanta (1947)
Many people like to travel to very dangerous places either just for fun or for pilgrimage. I do not like to take any risk. I like to travel to safe places where chance of landslide, dust storm, flood etc. is very less. Not that I am afraid, but I feel why should I take risk when I have options to live life without complications!
• Lithuania
I understand you, but some people chase adrenaline maybe?
@prasanta (1947)
Yes. They are of different type. I do not understand the actual worth of such ventures where life risk is there. Many people lose their lives because of these. Risk assessment is very essential for any decision that we make in life,
• Denmark
That's a sensible attitude.
@prasanta (1947)
Obviously, yes. We should never lose sense. We should not be the cause of our own destruction. The English proverb goes "Look before you leap." Why do people forget that?
• Denmark
@prasanta What is really a shame is when rescuers risk their lives (and sometimes even lose it) because silly show-offs have done something stupid in dangerous surroundings. @maan20 @lillywriter
@maan20 (188)
@MALUSE indeed a very good point. Totally agreed!
@Nawsheen (22859)
• Mauritius
Some people like to take risks and they just don't care what happens. There are many adventure seekers.
@prasanta (1947)
Yes, you are right. But does it really make any sense? Is it an outcome of rational thinking? Many such people lose their lives untimely just being driven by emotion. Will you subscribe to such an idea?
@Nawsheen (22859)
• Mauritius
@prasanta in fact i am not a risk lover and chicken hearted. I will never indulge in such activities and neither will I let any of my family members do it. For me life is precious
@maan20 (188)
I believe that taking risks and adventure is necessary for a passionate life but ofcourse safety should be a priority
@prasanta (1947)
Yes. As I told above, assess the risk factors.If you are not there, what is the value of your adventure? You know lots of young people die to take selfies. You have come here to live your life for yourself, not for dying for others. So, where risk is less, please do that. Do not try to show big magics to others. Live life happily and without troubles.
@maan20 (188)
@prasanta agreed! And seriously taking such idiotic selfies cannot be more stupid.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yeah these days I prefer to stay on my own turf.
@prasanta (1947)
That is safe. You can spend time happily. Enjoy your belongings.Do a lot of activities. Be happy without unnecessarily invited tensions.
@vandana3 (221)
You are very right we are responsible for our own safety.So it's better to stay away from hazardous places.