Safely through Qatar

@Jackalyn (6616)
Oxford, England
My sister and her husband booked their flights ages ago. Then they woke up a day before they were due to fly to hear the other Arab nations were turning on Qatar. It was touch and go if they would fly at all. The flight route was changed so it goes along tbe Iranian border and what if all the non Qatar air space around Qatar got locked so there was no way out of Dohar. Between worrying about getting shot down over Iran or locked into Qatar with no way home I didn't think they would make it from NZ to the UK but they are now safely out of Qatar and on their way to Heathrow. I watched their entire journey on a flight tracker which is how I know.
Oh quite worrying since all the trouble there. Glad they are on their last leg of the journey now.
Were they holidaying in NZ or do they live there ... will they have an issue getting back if they need to do so? My Mumsy does the flight tracker thing when anybody she knows travels by plane. She loves it!
@Jackalyn (6616)
• Oxford, England
They live there
I'm glad they are through the worst part of the flight and on their way home.
@TheSojourner (17493)
Glad to hear that they are well-on their way.
That is great they are safe and are now on their way home.
@silvermist (18041)
That is a relief.These days we can't be sure when and where such problems arise.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes this all came on rather unexpectedly and I am sure it is a rear worry to those who are caught up in it. I am glad they are out safely and on their way.
@sol_cee (14338)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Jeez that must have been nerve-wracking!