Kittens in the weeds

@peachpurple (12355)
Malaysia
Just yesterday, I saw a female stray cat with a heavily pregnant tummy roaming around the backyard. She was hunting for a place to give birth to her kittens , scratching an empty torn box which caught my hubby attention. He refused to allow the stray cat to uae the box for her hideout as he feared that she may leabe her kittens at our backyard and we have to deal with them later. He threw away the box, leaving the mother cat looking for other places. This morning, I heard a kitten meowing among the tall weeds outside our yard. I went to have a look and found the mother cat with 5 kittens around her body, sucking her nipples. However I am worried that she may leave those kittens in the midst of the weeds.
@hillhjill (4269)
That's sad.. I would keep an eye on them and them give them away to people that want them.
@peachpurple (12355)
yeah, I would do that too but hubby is strict and had warned me not to get soft with the kittens. He told me to ignore them and scare the mommy away if possible
@hillhjill (4269)
@peachpurple but there just babies.. I'm sorry I love animals.. maybe there is someone you can call and have them come pick them up.
@peachpurple (12355)
@hillhjill Stray cats, dogs , kittens and pups are orphans on the road. Their lives are at the edge of deaths everyday. Actually the stray mom belonged to my neighbor but he gave up feeding her after he found new cats . Cats and dogs compound do not accept stray animals. If i call them, they will kill the strays on the spot
@Tracy04 (10575)
I heard that if you want to keep the mother and kitties, don't disturb them. Let the mother memorize their smell first. Soon the mother cat can take away her kitties herself. Happen once at my workplace, same situation, but other staffs ask not to disturb them. Few weeks after, the mother cat and her kitties gone. Lots of stray cats and dogs though.
@peachpurple (12355)
So, you are saying that as long as I don't disturb them, the mother cat will bring away her kittens? I do hope so because if I have to give away the kittens, that will be the food court. Our neighbors have their own cats.
@Tracy04 (10575)
@peachpurple yeah usually, because that's what my mom says also. One time also there was a newborn kittens at our nearby house, my mom says that we shouldn't touch the newborn kittens, if not the mother cat will not able to memorize their smells and run away herself. So we don't touch the cat, and after few days, the mother and kittens gone. My twin cousins ever told me like that also when their cat gave birth to few kittens. I'm actually not sure whether it is 100% correct though, but perhaps you can try.
@Nawsheen (22942)
• Mauritius
If thw cat leaves the kittens here you can give them.to other people or else drop them at animal shelters
Hope mother and kittens do well. Would not want anything to happen to them.
@manasamanu (3759)
• Bangalore, India
Aw you can give them to animal care takers. They will shelter them.
@jobelbojel (6741)
I hope that the mother won't leave its kittens. You can adopt 5./