Ex and bestie still dating.

So for those that have followed, my ex and good friend are still dating and going strong it seems. Five months now actually. I'm surprised, but happy for them both. I know she was debating the relationship a couple of times, but she has stuck with him and seems very happy and I know he is happy with her as well. It really was so long ago me and him dated and were "in love" or infatuated with each other. I choose to see him as not a first love anymore but more of just my first real high school love and experience that I won't ever forget or regret. I am happy we both found happiness with other people since him and I did not grow together, but were still young when we started and ended. I still get a chuckle though that if someone were to ask me who I lost my v card to, I would simply say "my best friend's boyfriend." I would just laugh and if they truly asked for an explanation I would give them the story so as not to make myself look too trashy lol.
"My best friend's boyfriend" is a clever response!!! Glad an explanation will follow!
It is so much funnier without 1! But I would give 1 so it wouldn't make me look so terrible lol. It's still a bit strange he chose my best friend, but it's been years so who cares right? Lol.
Your acceptance of their relationship demonstrates a remarkable leap of kindness and maturity, thanks for sharing !
Thank you :-) I hope things between them continue to be well.
Are you still friends with her?
Yes. We talk almost daily.
That is wonderful it all worked out that way.
I think so too. ;-)
@Freelanzer (9006)
Are you really over him and can you live with the fact that your ex is dating your best friend? I give you a lot of credit if you are able to put that behind you
I've been over him for a very long time. We were kids when we dated and broke up.I am so much happier and so in love with my husband. ;-)
@DanieGirl80587 That is good to hear. I guess both you and your bestie met your soul mates. All's well that ends well.
@Freelanzer Well, I've been with my soul mate for almost 11 years. They have barely been dating 5 months, so we shall see what is in store for them lol. They are still in that honeymoon phase lol.
That is funny and I would give an explanation as well. Otherwise it might make people think something bad about you.
Of course lol. :-)