Do you believe in the death penalty?

@skydream (1151)
Agate, Colorado
I'm watching documentaries and hearing how some get life and some get put on death row and I was wondering if you believed it was right or wrong? My opinion used to be for it 100%. The reason being, if their victims didn't get to finish their life why should the murderers? Also, it takes more moeny to keep them alive and care for them in prison than it does to just do lethal injection. I always thought if you took a life why should we care for yours? Now I don't know. Reason being because there was a guy who did a mass shooting in Colorado in the 90s and was on death row. After getting medication they seem to think he's changed. Now if someone can be changed and fixed then why should they be killed? But at the same time that doesn't take away what they did. Another reason I wathced a documentary and they talked to the cop who would have to bring the people to the room and be in their when they died and how it negatively affected him and how it made him retire because he couldn't do it anymore. I never thought about how it could affect the people who have to do it. I'm 50/50 now part of me thinks if you took a life, you shouldn't get to live yours, being in prison isn't enough, the other part is we can't say killing is wrong and then kill someone. What's your opinion?
I am for it 100% a murderer doesn't get to change, after you murder someone nobody can save you but God, you are done here on earth.
@skydream (1151)
• Agate, Colorado
That's true. People saying that guy here changed but I don't think you can.
@skydream I don't believe evil like that changes and, even if so it's far too late.
@skydream (1151)
• Agate, Colorado
@TRBRocks420 Right. I don't believe when people kill someone then in prison say they found God and are forgiven. If you were capable of it before you are again so they shouldn't be free and people shouldn't have to basically pay for it
I always thought they should get it. But after what you wrote im maybe 75/25. As syill think they should die.
@skydream (1151)
• Agate, Colorado
I do too. I think if you can do something horrible then there's most likely no fixing you and you shouldn't leave if the people you killed don't. It's how it affects the people doing it that makes me think no it shouldn't be allowed
@skydream right.
@luispas (1719)
• Venezuela
I'm sure that every bad thing we do here would then come back to us. It's the same when someone commit a murder, I think they ruin their lives. And prison won't help very much.
@skydream (1151)
• Agate, Colorado
That's true
I strongly disagree with it.