I thought it wasn´t going to be a busy day.

Chile
But I had forgotten that I had to put the earthworms in the earthworm house. I was worried because Vicente, my grandson, had worked a lot on the earthworm house project. I owed him. What if all the earthworms that Juanita brought me died? Well. Leticia and I made the comfy house for the earthworms. I hope there are still some alive although Juanita said she´d bring more if they did not survive. During the earthworm worm Leticia laughed at me in my face All this worm business is to have better soil for 3 or 4 tomato plants in summer Normal people buy a bag of compost at a nursery. But I have to make my own. I must be crazy. I´m glad though that my friends like me crazy. It is because they are a bit crazy too.
What are these for? Pets?
Earthworms make the soil better. You have a "house" with soil and feed them with hand downs from the kitchen. They eat that (and the earth) and the end product is a much better soil for plants.
@marguicha ....That's great and good to know.
@minx267 (12739)
• Hartford, Connecticut
LOL. thank you for not making me feel silly for transporting earthworms I found on the driveway at work (when it was raining) and bringing them home to our vegetable garden. :) I know where you are coming from.. it is good to be crazy.
In fact, online you can get good explanations about how to make a house for them and how to feed them.
@minx267 (12739)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@marguicha I never made a house.. Just put them in the garden.
Earthworms are good for the plants, put them right into the ground around the plants.
First we have to place them in a place where they can reproduce.