The patronizing colleague does it again!

@ridingbet (31467)
My colleague, who volunteered to have operating room orientation and training “so she will be given 4 workloads this first semester”, is once again making headlines to the part-time instructors like me. I had a chat with CC, and she messaged that the patronizing colleague DLM, was disgusted because she was given 2 workloads only. According to CC, DLM showed her disappointment with the manner she talked to CC. She said, “I trained for OR and yet I have 2 days only!” I remarked, and CC agreed, that it was DLM who VOLUNTEERED for the OR training. We have a full-time clinical instructor assigned in OR for several years now, and this male colleague is not leaving the OR area for good. Besides, the dean and the clinical coordinator are the ones who assign the workload of each CI. It depends on the number of students, and what wards in the hospital do the learners must have their duty on. DLM is trained in Surgery, Orthopedic, Obstetric, and now, OR wards and yet, she wants everything to her advantage. I am silent about this because she is not communicating with me, but if she tells her dismay to me, I will tell her pointblank that she should learn to accept what is offered to her. (DLM has the lowest evaluation from our students. She is one of the colleagues in one of my discussions.)
She is too assuming . It serves her right to be given only that. I hope she learns here lesson.
@ridingbet (31467)
i don't think she will ever learn her lesson, my lady. her attitude always comes out every time it is the start of the school year/semester. she is trained in almost all wards in the hospital... she still wants all work? how do you call that? BWAKAW? hahaha!
@ridingbet Oh is that so. Then, she is that indeed.
@CoralLevang (29986)
It sounds as if DLM is one of those who believes she is all-knowing and the best-instructor at the site. That kind of attitude is what makes scoring so low, despite how good she thinks she is. Humility goes a long way, and it's too bad that so many who act like this do not realize that they are their own worst enemies. I think that remaining silent is wise, but I also FULLY understand the directness by which she will receive your thoughts. Sometimes, it may just be best when she refuses to communicate with you. Nothing can be turned around on you to make you look bad. She will show her own behind, so to speak. They always do.
@ridingbet (31467)
i agree, my friend. DLM is the all-knowing clinical instructor. lately have i known her sentiment: when she was informed of 2 days workload and she was disgusted, another CI AGPR asked her why. DLM said she told our coordinator and the dean (who happens to be her neighbor) not to give her "a toxic ward". that is why she is given surgery ward for 2 days only. OR (operating room) is a very toxic department.
@CoralLevang (29986)
@ridingbet it's when these all-knowing people decide that they are very special and should be able to run the Departments that they come to understand that they aren't all that they think they are.
@ridingbet (31467)
@CoralLevang until now, DLM does not communicate with me through Facebook; maybe she knows i will block any negativeness from her.
She's too over confident and arrogant from the way you said. maybe two works loads can be a good start, it might bite her back if she push it too far.
@ridingbet (31467)
the problem is, she always reasons out about her toddler child; when we have activities in school, she escapes because "no one is looking after her child". the same reason over and over again, and she wants more workload.
@CoralLevang (29986)
@ridingbet just more things to be the center of attention and say how rotten people are to her. I dislike people like that because it made other single mothers look bad, when I was working
@ridingbet (31467)
@CoralLevang she has a complete family, my friend. her husband is in the military, a colonel, and she has 3 kids. but then, even though her husband earns big, she still needs to work for her own.
I remember when you wrote about her once before. DLM must think she is better than everyone else, but her student evaluations speak otherwise.
@ridingbet (31467)
yes, my friend, she is the one and the same CI that i mentioned who is patronizing.
I am sure that DLM has a low evaluation from her students because she considers herself "too good". She must accepts what she gets.
@ridingbet (31467)
yes, she has the lowest evaluation from our students. she is the CI who even took a picture of her poor evaluation,and still she is not learning her lesson. it could be because our dean is her neighbor.
Sounds like a trouble-maker at work! Best you stay away from this one.
@ridingbet (31467)
she is the one staying away from me, because she knows that i am not the person she should not get entangled with.
@CoralLevang (29986)
@ridingbet she stays away because you're not to be Tangled with... Sounds Vaguely Familiar! Haha
@Raine38 (8905)
Maybe she wants more hours for more pay? One cannot fault her for trying though, but the manner or the way she is doing things to get more load is not really the best approach. I wonder if she knows her evaluation results? She should work on improving this first before she takes on any more responsibility, in my opinion.
@ridingbet (31467)
my friend, her husband is in the military, a colonel, and he earns big. they are well-off. she has a part-time job in the airport here, and yet she wants more duty days. i would consider that selfishness.
@CoralLevang (29986)
@ridingbet just another bit of evidence about some people who have more than others.. Prestige or money or whatever else, who find it necessary to uplift themselves to show how much better they are. They talk down about people, they look down their noses at others, and they expect that others should Bow Down and kiss their feet. This makes me sick
@ridingbet (31467)
@CoralLevang uhum! i think i am having a thought about this my friend. well, if somebody thinks highly of himself/herself, it could be that the people around her/him think otherwise. maybe this person has inferiority complex and is concealing it with being 'superior' to others.
I think you need to follow your instinct on this. I also experienced this before and I am too vocal to call their attentions about it.
@ridingbet (31467)
yes kabsat, when she tells me about that, i will talk to her; but she seems to be avoiding me because she knows i am frank to her.
@ridingbet I am sure because she's afraid to face you. I am also like that. My former colleagues never dared to do it.
@ridingbet (31467)
@Shavkat we are both Scorpio, my friend, we are both brave and courageous, but i am the brave person leaning to the right, and not to misdeeds.
@KrauseHome (31923)
She sounds like one of those who is never happy and always wanting everything her way, and feels like she should always be the one in charge. Sounds like she is a hard person to want to be around, and does she bring this demeanor on when working with patients?
@ridingbet (31467)
according to her students in the area, DLM would pinch their arms in front of the patients and scold them in loud voice. she also leaves the area an hour before the endorsement, and goes to the hall, sometimes naps or uses her phone to call her family. she is sweet to her students in front of me, but her students always complain to me about her attitude.
@thelme55 (8768)
She should accept what is given to her or otherwise ask the administration why is that so.
@ridingbet (31467)
that is true. i am far from school so i cannot go there to ask when our orientation will be. it is possible that i will see her disgusted face again with full of frowns and downward lips.
@thelme55 (8768)
@ridingbet oh! That must be ugly to look at
@ridingbet (31467)
@thelme55 hahaha! yes, that is true. she is also separating herself from our troop of friends (tropang prenship). i don't know why she has this attitude.
@Nawsheen (22899)
• Mauritius
I think DLM is too overconfident and thinks she is the best. I think her students do not like her because of this. It would be good if she realises this and changes her attitude.
@ridingbet (31467)
when we will have the orientation for this semester, our evaluation sheets will be shown to us, again. we will share to each other our evaluation from the students. i hope she will have a good and passing mark now.
@Nawsheen (22899)
• Mauritius
@ridingbet Let us so hope. If she gets a good rating it will be good for her itself
@ridingbet (31467)
@Nawsheen i hope so too, but we are evaluated at the end of the semester, so that will still be in November
@ilocosboy (21930)
hmm, if there is politics in the government, and so with your group, he he.
@ridingbet (31467)
i agree, kabsat. there is politicking in our department, but they cannot do that to me because i am a very "direct" kind of person. that is why my other colleagues would always seek advice from me because they know "i am the oldest". hahaha!
@CoralLevang (29986)
@ridingbet me thinks that you and I are similar kinds of people in our directness
@ridingbet (31467)
@CoralLevang i believe we have the same brain wave, my friend.
Only hurting themself.