Newbie Question!

So, I have a question which doesn't seem like something I need to go to admin about. This seems like something I would turn to my fellow myLotters about. It's this: Is it better to post a lot and discuss what you can or, is it better to post sometimes and discuss all you're able? My goal is to build a readership here, to which I will then semi-shamelessly self-promote other work. I just want to turn to those of you in the know. Thank you.
Posting excessive new discussions without responding really turns others off.It takes a good balance of posts and comments and responses to build a solid readership, but it certainly can be done.
Well, I'll have to try that, then. I need to find my crowd, though. Not everyone is going to like me.
• Uzbekistan
Firing off one discussion after the other clogging the Recent Discussions list and pushing other new posts to the bottom of the list does indeed turn people off.
@TheSojourner (17298)
There seems to be two schools of thought, but I think that the interactions are more important than the writing of the discussions. One thing that I try to do is visit profile pages of people, and look down the list. I will always take a look at the titles, the #s of responses, and the first few lines they offer as a sort of abstract. I miss out a lot on notifications, as I'm not on line a lot ... this is why I have limited notifications to those who comment/respond and take care of those firsts. When looking for new posts to read, I use profile pages of people that I typically enjoy first. Then I go to the follows tab for new discussions, and lastly I go to the most recent discussions in the explore. And I have found that what works best are personal posts, or posts on strategies on myLot. I think questions in the titles often work better. And then there are the times I think there will be successes with a good discussion and it gets four or five responses. LOL
Re: your last paragraph - Aint that how it always goes. Thank you.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
It just depends on what you write about. I try to keep a couple different sereis' going so that there is something concrete for me to stick to when my days are too boring or I have too much writer's block. One of them is Culinary Epic Fails and another one is Frugal Food. I discuss as much on them as I can. But I also post several discussions throughout the day. Interaction adn getting into a good convo on one of the discussions might be the best bet. Just remain active, ask questions, further the conversation that is started in the discussion and before you know it youll be making friends and itll all come easier. lol.
Such good advice, it was wirth saying twice.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@Iquestionitall Clearly my internet thought you needed it five times! Lol, sorry about that, my internet is a little patchy sometimes, as you will notice it will glitch and post things multiple times.
@thislittlepennyearns I assure you, it's completely understandable. Imagine doing it from a cellphone.
@pgntwo (22753)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
You can see everyone's stats if you go to their profile. A split of 1 Discussion to about 10 responses to about 50+ comments usually means you've found someone who's got a fairly balanced output here. It's no real indication of earnings, as what you earn depends on the interactions with your posts from others. MYLOT101 is a tag used for some interesting articles on these matters, if you play with the Search feature...
Here you'll find discussions related to the term 'mylot101' as tagged by myLot users.
Now, THIS is a meaty tip! Thank you!
@pgntwo (22753)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
@Iquestionitall I hope you were able to make use of it
I think the key is to interact but also post discussions too, as long as you can keep up with what you post...even if it takes some time. We all understand offline life comes first. =)
Yes it does.
@Freelanzer (9498)
It all depends on the time you can devote to activity here. I devote equal time to writing and interacting.
That's the ticket I think.
I could not answer this one because I tend to post a lot. I have conversations with lots of people. I think in all your goal should be to have fun, either way, you like it. Maybe someone else could help you better.
You're actually very helpful. Thank you.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns do you go in and delete the excessive or duplicate posts? You have the ability and it would make it read better, I think.
It depends, some will say write a lot and others read, respond and comment alot, I do a lot of the latter but will post a discussion if I took a photo I want to show off.
I rarely start discussions and I find it easy to make $5 per month without spending a lot of time here. We earn when someone responds to a discussion we started or if they respond to our comments anywhere on other discussions. So one really can just do what they enjoy, as long as they are interacting in such a way that others react to you. Now if you want to earn $20 a month as some seem to do; I am not any help.
@Tierkreisze (1358)
There are some people here who don't post any discussions; they just interact in others'. Also, a lot of the people here wouldn't like it if you post too often. You can try scheduling when you would post new discussions while interacting with others in between. That way, other curious users might look at your account and respond to them. Also, try experimenting on different topics for your discussions.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
• Defuniak Springs, Florida