Adding Peanut Butter To Everything

@KrauseHome (32829)
I am sure there are many here who really enjoy Peanut Butter. Maybe you are someone who is always trying to find new ways to use it to flavor something. Or maybe like me, have heard it is a Great source for Protein which in turn is great for healing, and so you always are wanting to use some of this. But what ways do you enjoy it in? There is always the inevitable Peanut Butter sandwiches. But what else? Recently we were told from someone who uses it with their oatmeal. They have a bowl of Oatmeal, and then add some Peanut Butter and Cinnamon to give it some flavor. We actually have tried this tonight, and it was not Bad. So now I am thinking of other ways I can use this that is more Healthy with being Diabetic that I have not considered doing.
@mandala100 (24087)
Im a fans of peanut butter and its so yummy!
I love peanut butter.
@mandala100 (24087)
@jstory07 I love peanut butter since my chidhood days.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Yes it is. I always seem to never get enough.
@bunnybon7 (31582)
• Holiday, Florida
i love the new honey added they make now. mostly all i eat it is with just bread.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Yes, especially if the Honey is freshly made from a hive. We have some places we have gotten some Fresh honey from, that Peanut butter would be excellent with.
@bunnybon7 (31582)
• Holiday, Florida
@KrauseHome it comes already mixed too.i n jars of Skippy and Jif
I love it on toast, celery sticks, apples, and just by the giant spoonful.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Celery is a good one. Do you ever add raisins?
@KrauseHome Sometimes, to make ants on a log. lol
I just use it with fluff for sandwiches and with apples.
@KrauseHome (32829)
I wish I could eat apples, as it is really good with them.
@KrauseHome yes it is. Sorry you can't have them
My mom would often make herself a snack that consisted of sliced apples with peanut butter to "dip" it in.
Oh I do that often also!
@KrauseHome (32829)
My husband actually has been doing that a lot lately. I can't eat apples due to lack of teeth, but this is Good.
I have peanut butter on apples and on celery. I love peanut butter cookies and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Did you ever do Peanut Butter and Jelly in a bowl and eat it that way?
@Rhombus (315)
• South Africa
My (adult) kids LOVE peanut butter with ice cream. They just put a couple of spoonfuls in bowl in-between the ice cream (like a sundae of sorts).
I do that too. Sometimes I add chocolate and peanut butter
@KrauseHome (32829)
Peanut Butter would be Good with Ice Cream and some Hot Fudge with it.
@KrauseHome Like a home made peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen
@HazySue (15882)
I dip apple slices in peanut butter. I am also diabetic and looking for a way to use peanut butter without getting the extra sugar.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Well, the plain oats is actually good for you. We get the Quaker oats and cook some up and add a spoonful of Peanut Butter to it.
@HazySue (15882)
@KrauseHome it sounds like an interesting combination. I think I might add a drizzle of chocolate to it.
I got introduced to peanut butter here at myLot. I like it but prefer the crunchy. I liked what this company had which I bought online but lately the pieces are huge and I can hardly say the stuff is crunchy. I searched and have found one that has chocolate in it. I like it very much.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Peanut Butter with chocolate in it? Interesting. Sounds like Nutella here in the States.
@KrauseHome I used to get Nutella choco hazelnut But the one I get now is a combination peanut butter and choco
We actually have a dish here in the Philippines, we call kare-kare. It has oxtail as the main ingredient and the rest are veggies, banana heart , eggplant, string beans and bok choy. Then , we put peanut butter. It's one of my favorite foods actually.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Interesting. I should ask some of my Fillapino friends around here about this. Never heard of it.
@KrauseHome Yes, ask your Filipino friends to cook them and let you taste them. You will surely love their taste.
@silvermist (15368)
I like peanut butter.But I do not know about adding it to everything.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Neither did we until someone we know mentioned adding it to oatmeal, and now it is one of our favorites.
@silvermist (15368)
@KrauseHome Have never tried that.
Here in Europe peanut butter is not as popular as it is in the United States. I am seriously allergic to peanuts and peanut butter, I can eat nothing with peanuts.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Sorry to hear that, as I am sure there are many times when you wish you could.
@KrauseHome No, not really, as I said here in Europe peanut butter is almost unknown.
@ridingbet (34645)
a jar of peanut butter here is expensive but it is commercialized. the locally-made peanut butter taste better and is thicker and yummier. i would sprinkle some sugar on top of the peanut butter in a sandwich.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Hmm. I am sure it is good there. All Filipino based food is.
@ridingbet (34645)
@KrauseHome yes, thank you.
• Japan
Peanut butter on a banana is a favorite breakfast! Also, I like to take a spoonful of peanut butter and a piece of chocolate and melt them together in the microwave.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Both great ways to eat some Peanut butter. Love Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches.
@PainsOnSlate (18660)
When in a hurry in the morning I love my English Muffin with peanut butter on it but my peanut butter has to be crunchy!
@KrauseHome (32829)
I cannot eat the Crunchy due to lack of Teeth, so for us it has to be the Creamy. But it is good on an English Muffin
@shshiju (9044)
• Cochin, India
Peanut are healthy and it adds to many dishes here. Peanut butter is one of the delicious one
@KrauseHome (32829)
Yes, it is good with so many things.
@regboi31 (24)
• Fairfield, California
Add about 2 lg tablespoons to my Banana Smoothies from time to time. As a spread for my wheat bagels.
@KrauseHome (32829)
In a Banana Smoothie, it would be good. Never thought of that.
I soon much like peanut butter,most especially with bread.its HELL yummy!I must admit
@KrauseHome (32829)
Yes, it is something so Good that people gain a Craving for it.
I eat Peanut butter sandwiches mostly. Sometimes I would add banana in the mix.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Nothing wrong with Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches.
@Essjayd (1168)
Mix a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter with some plain unsweetened yoghurt! Pour into ice lolly moulds, cup cake trays or ice cube trays and freeze for a few hours! A healthy alternative to ice cream and really nice on hot days. It also works well with some fruit puree for a fruity frozen yoghurt! I can't eat peanut butter due to allergies but my dog and partners kids love these!!
@KrauseHome (32829)
Peanut Butter with yogurt probably is good. Might have to think about giving it a try.