Movie Review - Reptilicus

Preston, England
Mystery Science Theatre was one of my favourite TV shows. It featured selected really bad B-movies which the MST3000 team heckle during screenings, with various sketches of their own around the movies. In 1999 the series was cancelled despite being popular, but 18 years later in 2017 crowd-funding and internet campaigning gained the show a revival on The Netflix station. The fist film to recieve the MST3000 - The Return treatment was 1961's Reptilicus. This is a dire Godzilla style movie made in Denmark. A dinosaur tail is found and thanks to being left in a heated room, it regenerates the entire creature which then promptly stomps over the city until it can be stopped. The army want to blow Reptilicus up but scientists warn that each piece could generate a whole new monster. They settle for putting Reptilicus to sleep but a severed foot from it threatens to create a new monster anyway. Boring in the long absence of any actual dinosaur action bar for an impressive sequence involving lots of extras running over a genuinely opening swing bridge over a river in Copenhagen. The maoin characters are just dumb and unbelievable including one who plays mental illness for laughs such as deliberately touching an electric eel at an aquarium to see how it feels. The MST3000 treatment is excellent and a great way to reboot the series. Youtube - The new MST 3000 opening credits sequence Arthur Chappelll
MST3K: The Return Intro only on Neflix __ Follow TheLastJunicorn at ? Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheLastJunicorn ? Twitter https://twitter.com/TheLast...
I remember I saw Reptilicus, I suppose it was in the little village where my grandparents had the house and it was during a long hot summer whle my cousin and I were pretty bored.
• Preston, England
@LadyDuck it's fun as it is so badly made
@arthurchappell I fully agree, there were a few like this one made in those years.
I used to watch it once in awhile. I've never even heard of this particular movie, though.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 this is the movie trailer
A portion of the tail of a prehistoric reptile is discovered in Denmark. It regenerates into the entire reptile, which proceeds to destroy buildings and prop...
@arthurchappell - Oh wow, that looks bad.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 so bad it borders on brilliance
I used to watch that when I was in college - back in the 90's. I always found it hilarious! That's saying a lot from someone not into comedy.
• Preston, England
@just4him MST 3000 is very funny
@arthurchappell Yes it is.
I have seen Reptilicus. Another cheesy one from that era.
• Preston, England
@JohnRoberts they rarely get much cheesier
• Rochester, New York
I love Godzilla movies! I wish they had them on Netflix!
• Preston, England
@LisaSteinmetz this one is on Netflix - look for Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - The Return