I could do a bit of an update

Park image
Marion, Kansas
The image is from the park. I am looking through a long trellised walkway covered with wisteria, through a newer gazebo, to the Constitution Memorial. It is my way of saying I am looking to the future but not seeing clearly. Although the occupational therapist thought hubby was "good to go" his doctor, who signs off on his healing, says not until July 4. So that means another week of me taking hubby to work. In that week he will have Physical Therapy, a cardiologist appointment, and a physical with his primary care physician. I think the primary wants to see a cardiologist report before releasing Bob to drive. At the end of next week we will go visit family in Oklahoma. My daughter had been going to visit in early July, but I told her with our uncertainty it would not work. She is now talking about a little time in August. I hope it works out. The first two weeks in August will be back to school orientation, along with four days of summer school for two students. I suppose that is all I really know at this time. The physical therapist was very pleasantly surprised with how hubby is progressing. Hubby also has bought a rod and reel to do some practical therapy with his right shoulder and arm, which hurt still. Yesterday he began tinkering with his cars again. He is coming back.
@KristenH (19876)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Glad he's slowly on the mend and recovering well. You have a full summer schedule ahead of you.
• Marion, Kansas
In many ways it is feeling like I am not having summer.
@KristenH (19876)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@GardenGerty Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better and you can enjoy this summer season the best you can.
• Marion, Kansas
@KristenH I guess it is in how I choose to look at it. I am grateful that I have a job that has me off just at the time I was needed most. My daughter says that this is the summer God had planned for me, whether I planned this way or not.
@BettyB (4289)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I know its been rough but hang in there. Hubby's improving. Life will shift back to normal soon.
• Marion, Kansas
Yep, in time for me to go back to work. We are hanging in and enjoying spending time together.
Glad to hear his improving. Slow and steady win the race.
• Marion, Kansas
He has done amazingly well. I am hoping the progress continues.
@GardenGerty .....Yes, that would be nice.
• Marion, Kansas
@celticeagle I think this makes us talk to each other more.
Hoping for the continuous recovery of your husband.
• Marion, Kansas
We are doing as much as we can to keep up the progress.
@GardenGerty Praying for his speedy and full recovery.
I am glad hubby is getting better. Soon he will be back to his great old self. Sending positive thoughts to both of you!
• Marion, Kansas
Thanks so much @Marty1. I am glad you are doing well now too. It is scary when our friends go missing.
It seems like summer just flashed before my eyes. I am sure your husband is looking forward to going back to work.
• Marion, Kansas
Oh he has been working. . . I just have to provide the transportation. He is a pain when he is not working.
@GardenGerty I would be a pain if I had to work!
• Marion, Kansas
@AbbyGreenhill He considers the job he has to be fun, not work.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Amen Heather! He is a strong man and you are strong lady. Go fishin. I can't believe it is almost July, then August.
• Marion, Kansas
It is just a dizzying spin to the future.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@GardenGerty I know..enjoy it while you can sweet friend.
• Marion, Kansas
@TiarasOceanView We never know what is just around the corner.
I am sorry you have to bring him around for another week, but it is better to be safe. Your husband seems to work hard to be back soon on his feet.
• Marion, Kansas
He is very motivated in his recovery.
@GardenGerty This is good, it will help to recover better.
That is wonderful news! The more he does the better he will get. Tony will get the Immune therapy late July he is not excited but if it keeps the cancer in remission he will do it. I am planning me a little get away soon, I need it badly.
• Marion, Kansas
My sister in law's mother has had wonderful results with the immuno therapy.
• Riga, Latvia
So glad to hear this, Many blessings to you and hubby. As they say full steam ahead.
• Marion, Kansas
Life is an adventure. Not always what we want but it is often what we need. So we go on looking forward.
I'm glad to hear he is improving, that's good.
• Marion, Kansas
I hope your husband gets the help he needs so he can be feeling better soon.
@sueznewz2 (9333)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad things are going well... the week will go by in a flash....
• Marion, Kansas
Just making all the appointments is a challenge sometimes.
@sueznewz2 (9333)
• Alicante, Spain
@GardenGerty I'm sure it is... but hopefully he'll get his licence back and then you can have some time to relax a bit ...
You can't keep a good man down! I'm glad he's improving.
• Marion, Kansas
He is so very determined to not be on the losing end of this. It was quite an experience.Lots of prayer for him and he knows it. Both while he was having the cancer treatments and then with the stroke as well.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is nice that your husband is doing well @GardenGerty but it still does not make sense they would let him work, but not drive. Not that he should be driving too soon, but doesn't it seem insurance should pay for a driver? What if a person is single? Do they walk to walk? Pay for a cab?
• Marion, Kansas
Most people at his age would not be working. I am wondering if the Dr. who has to sign off is waiting for him to be seen by the cardiologist(tomorrow) or just feels like he should refrain from driving for a month. Insurance pays for very litttle.
Better safe than sorry. Glaf hes getting better.
• Portland, Connecticut
That is wonderful great news about how far he has come back. Hopefully, the neext week will see him fully cleared.
Better safe than sorry is my motto. It sounds as if your husband is really doing great.