Hallelujah a Good Nights Sleep

I pretty much have resigned myself to getting less than adequate sleep each night. I toss and turn and can't find a comfortable position and when I finally do and drift off my bladder needs a trip to the bathroom. I wish I had appreciated the days when I'd fall into bed at night and not wake up until the morning. But, last night I went to bed with no expectations and lo and behold I slept through the night with only one trip to the bathroom. I woke up this morning feeling so much better and had more energy than I normally do. I didn't even feel as if I needed my coffee to jumpstart my day. I've become so used to interrupted sleep every single night that it's become normal. Getting a full nights sleep last night certainly proved to me how little sleep I actually get and why I wake up so tired every morning and drag myself to the coffee pot. Now, if only this could become a habit it would be wonderful. I know I'm not the only person here who has trouble sleeping. When was the last time you got a good nights sleep?
I truly believe the more you worry about not sleeping prevents you from sleeping. My sleep has improved greatly now that we have wall to wall carpet and I don't hear Ruby's nails on the hardwoods any more - she paces all night long. The last week I've been getting about 7 hours which is a record for me.
A good nights sleep does make all the difference in the world
@Marilynda1225 It most certainly does!
• Lakewood, Colorado
That is wonderful to hear Marilyn. Sleep is so vital to us.
The past two night the thunders and lightnings have kept me awake most part of the night. I think to remember that last Friday I had a good sleep. Let's hope for tonight.
I dont' sleep well either when storms are in the area. I dont' know which disturbs me more the thunder or the lightening
@Marilynda1225 Both thunder and the lightening disturb me and I listen to the rain in fear it turns into hail.
Hallelujah from me too. I finally had a good night sleep last night and boy, oh boy, what a difference it is making in my day. Enjoy your good day and wishing you another and another good night.
You and I can both do the dance of joy with the good sleep we got
@Platespinner (18073)
If my bladder doesn't wake me up my husband's bladder does...or the puppy's bladder. I can't win that particular game.
I can understand that you are disrupted by everyone else. Lucky me I have the bed to myself so I only wake myself up
@Marilynda1225 The puppy doesn't sleep in our room, but she has a very high pitched yelp that lets us know when she thinks she needs attention.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I never get a good nights sleep. I've gotten used to little sleep but I'd certainly feel more rested with a full nights sleep.
I can't even remember the last time I had a full nights sleep so this was a blessing. Usually I have to nap during the day to get in some much needed sleep
@hostessman (6923)
• Tucson, Arizona
i would love to only get up once a night to go to the bathroom
Once was rare for me and a welcome relief from all the nights when I get up a million times
I'm glad you finally had a good night's sleep. I wonder why last night was different for you, and hope you figure it out so you can sleep well every night. I'm asleep for the night the moment my head hits the pillow.
I dont' have trouble falling asleep but I do get up numerous times for the bathroom. You're lucky if you can sleep through the night
I sleep well compared to when I live at the old home place in a neighborhood filled with people, it quiet here BUT I do have the nighttime bathroom runs but I have my whole life, even as a child so nothing new there.
Me too...I always got up frequently to use the bathroom even as a kid
@bluesa (11872)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I truly can't remember the last time I got a good nights sleep @Marilynda1225 , so I understand the dragging yourself to the coffee pot. Congrats on having a good nights sleel though, that is pure gold.
That good nights sleep was a blessing
My sleep is the same as yours. I have trouble falling asleep, and sometimes a few bathroom trips are needed. On occasion, I will sleep through the night.
I wish the occasions when I sleep through the night weren't so few and far between. I never realized how bad my sleeping is/was until I got that good nights sleep and could feel the difference in the morning
Did you do or eat anything different during the day which may have contributed to your good night's rest.?
No I didn't do anything different or eat anything different. Wish I did so I could continue to do it and get a good nights sleep every night
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Its been awhile. I don't get great sleep anymore. Never really have. Well at least not in a few years.
The older I get the worse my sleeping has become
I have slept pretty well the last couple nights which is rare.
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
The heat has been keeping me awake recently. Glad you had a good night and hope you have the same tonight.
I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.
@Hate2Iron (7325)
Gee... I don't think that it was this month that's for sure!
I can't remember that far back!
It wasn't last night!