Is someone accusing you of cheating all the time because they're actually doing it?

I think about this a lot, how men can be quite possessive of their women as well as women being possessive of their men, constantly accusing them of doing wrong, on top of them all of the time, and just makes me wonder, is it because they're the ones actually cheating themselves? What are your thoughts on the matter?
@SonjaRae (4904)
I was in a relationship very similar. I was accused constantly. I finally asked, are you judging me based on me, based on your past, or what you were doing? Years later, I learned he was the one who had "extra" relationships.
@sw8sincere (1767)
Hi my friend. Do you mean to say "the thinker is the doer"? . Well, for some people they often said that slogan because they themselves are actually the one who has the behavior of cheating and would worry that the same doing might get done or happen to them. But for some other people, they are quite possessive of their man or woman since they might possibly been a victim before of infidelity that is why they don't want to experience the same thing again on their present partner. That is how i see it. =)
@mandala100 (28122)
Hi and welcome to myLot! Please to meet you here and goodlcuk!
I think it happens for a certain couple of accusing each other. It means, they don't trust each other.