IT DOES NOT PAY.

Milli Vanilli - source Google
Well, cheating may pay for awhile - that is, until you get caught and if you are not caught, cheating habits tend to backfire in some way sooner or later. I don't know if you remember reading about the rise and fall of the famed pop duo - Milli Vanilli. They rose to stardom in the late 1980s early 1990s and won themselves a Grammy for Best New Artiste. However, millions of their fans worldwide were extremely disappointed when their scam was uncovered - it wasn't their voices you heard on their records, and they lip synched at live performances. Now that is cheating. However, my two favorite recordings by that fake duo were : "Girl I'm gonna miss you" and - "Blame it on the Rain". How can anyone feel satisfied with achievements attained by cheating? Have you often encountered instances of bold cheating? Pictured above is the duo Milli Vanilli.
Cheating doesn't get you anything but heartache. I haven't encountered much in my life, mostly as a kid in school. I heard about a lot of cheating in classes. I haven't heard of any recently.
There are so many different kinds of cheating - and all are bad.
@Kandae11 Yes they are.
I get teased about not having them in my album collection by a couple people. I wonder if that could be considered the ultimate in plagiarism.
It really did pay in the beginning but after being uncovered they really fell hard - even their Grammy was snatched back.
• Bournemouth, England
@JolietJake You were just copying other people who also didn't have them in their record collection. Let's be honest, even if they had been a brilliant rock act who didn't mime, you wouldn't want anyone with a name like that on your shelves.
@asfarasiknow Anything Vanilli is just too plain,,,maybe Milli Pistachio
I remember reading that. The president of my husband's university was fired for plagiarism. I also caught a few students cheating during my career.
He was fired? - that must have been a serious one. Cheaters probably never think about the possibility of getting caught.
@Kandae11 It was a career ruining thing for him. Foolish man!
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do vaguely recall hearing of them and their cheating. I don't understand how some can just be okay with cheating and lying about it. I don't really get it.
Its a real shame.
Not often and certainly nothing on the level of these guys
Well, @JolietJake is wondering if what they did could be considered the ultimate in plagiarism - and I think it could.
• Preston, England
A few people I know cheat at cards or scrabble which i really petty when we are not playing for money
I suppose the important thing there is just to be the winner.
• Preston, England
@Kandae11 yes people aim to win at any cost - hence the number of athletes busted for teroid abuse
@arthurchappell Ha , yes - athletes are perfect examples.
I don't know about this duo, but I sure know that I can't stand cheaters of any kind.
They were the toast of the town for a short period.
@bluesa (13427)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh! I remember this incident very well @Kandae11 . I loved their songs and was so disappointed when I found out what they had done
I still listen to their songs - whenever they are played - and try to imagine the real face behind the voice.
I thought this might be about myLot cheaters. Little or big, cheats can get caught. They take the consequences. They have to live with themselves and hurry always to cover things up.
there are cheaters everywhere - in enterprises big and small. Some do get caught though.
@CRK109 (14465)
I remember those two and what a mess they made of their lives. Cheating is never a good way to go in life. People don't realize it, but they really end up cheating themselves.
So very true.
Yes, I have observed bold cheating in political elections.
Yes that happens in many countries.
@tzwrites (4857)
They are a shame for the music industry. I can't believe they didn't get caught earlier.
If I pulled something like that I would be nervous all the time.
@fishtiger58 (30344)
• Momence, Illinois
I do remember that, yea not a good thing.
The fans were soooo disappointed.
@fishtiger58 (30344)
• Momence, Illinois
@Kandae11 Yes it was quite the scandal.
Here, cheating is rampant when it is election. The candidates give some money to the voters of their place to vote for them. Good thing the voters are wise. They get the money but put the name of the candidate they like on the ballots.
I always wondered how could they be sure they would be voted for anyway.
@Kandae11 They take the risk thinking all people can be dazzled by money. But voters are now wise.
@MsBooklover (3818)
I remember these two. Now, lots of singers do what they did from time to time, and many people think nothing of it. That is especially true if the singer is well-established. I remember Jessica Simpson's sister did that, and that was the end of her career. Yes, I see cheating, lying and turning people against others, etc.
I was really sorry for their fans. Even though I liked some of their tunes, I wasn't crazy about them.
@Kandae11 Yes, it is disappointing.
@mandala100 (39925)
@Kandae11 Crime does not really pay.
There are many different kinds of crime - I won't call this one criminal. More like a huge prank.
@mandala100 (39925)
@Kandae11 Ok then my friend.
@ridingbet (50262)
i think there are some more artists who lip-sync their songs in concerts, and although it is not good at all, they say it is better rather than other voices lip-syncing for them will be shown or heard, like this duo in your discussion. oh, so there are ghost singers as well. like ghost writers.
I wonder how many more 'ghost singers' are out there - who have not yet been caught.
@ridingbet (50262)
@Kandae11 yes, and ghost writers too.
Hey Kanda I'm looost hhh lol But really those records' Names Are attractive That they made me want to listen to them :-)
Did you listen? You can find them on Youtube
@Kandae11 Hii, Hmmmu I haven't listen to them yet But I'll definitely do it today :-)
@Meramar (2344)
Nowadays, there are so many ways to cheat and so many persons deciding to go that way instead of learning to do something original. It's really a shame and shows us that we cannot trust everybody. We have to be careful in all situations in life.
We should definitely be more alert.
@Meramar (2344)
@Kandae11 That's right!
I remember these guys and like them too. There is so much worse that others have done tho it does not excuse cheating.