Open heartedness - Virtue or Drawback?

Mumbai, India
I have been open minded since my childhood and though it is bad to talk everything to everyone, basically I am a person who lets others know my weaknesses besides strengths. Recenlty I am planning to write a screen play - a sex comedy based on the theme social transformation in the state of Kerala in India. I need a co-writer and I expect that the project will come true. Do you think that by revealing this, the project will be negatively affected. Will my plans come true if I don't talk about it?
If you talk about it too widely someone might copy your idea.
@mandala100 (39803)
@Surinamstar27 I think that It cut both ways my friend. There might be a great pressures on your part while writing the screen play by disclosing it earlier or prematurely due to high expectation on the part of the potential audience. On the other hand it will be an advanced publicity of your project to the minds of the public or potential viewers.