Collecting concert and show tickets

Staten Island, New York
Whenever I go to a concert, a Broadway show, or some other show, I always save my ticket. This way I keep track of what shows or concerts I've been to. And it's kind of like a keepsake as well. Yesterday I went to see David Cook (former American Idol winner) in concert. It was in a small venue in Brooklyn called Knitting Factory. I got to the venue and told the guy at the window that I want to pick up my ticket. He asked for my last name, but didn't give me my ticket. Instead, he checked my name off the list and then put a stamp on my wrist. I've been to concerts in small venues before, but they always had paper tickets. And they never had to stamp my arm... Even though it washes off without issues, I hate getting stamped. If there are now real tickets, I think they should do wrist bands instead, like they do if you opt to drink at the venue and are over 21. I was bummed that I don't have an actual ticket for the concert to add to all my other tickets as a keepsake. Maybe I will create a ticket myself... Of course, it won't look like a real ticket but it will at least be a reminder of where I went and who I went to see.
Maybe save the comfirmation thing about buying the ticket instead? Unless you don't have one of those either :-/ I have all my concert, comedy, and even movie stubs (movie ones from going with my bf)
• Staten Island, New York
I have that confirmation email, but I don't have a printer to print it out. I wish I thought of collecting movie tickets before. That's a great idea... Maybe it's not too late to start.
@lovebuglena library?
• Staten Island, New York
@Courtlynn Thanks for the idea. Will see if they allow printing there...
I like your idea of creating a ticket for yourself. At least it will be something to add to your collection.
@amnabas (10549)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I liked your idea??????
• Staten Island, New York
Yes. Not sure how I will do it, or how it will look, but will try to do something. Not like I am submitting it to a competition... I went to two other shows, which were in Las Vegas, that had mobile tickets (with that square box thingy that gets scanned), so don't have physical tickets for them either. Maybe I will also create two tickets for that. I could see if maybe I can find the email with those mobile tickets and see if I can print it out.
• Staten Island, New York
@amnabas What are the question marks for?
I used to collect tickets from concerts and movies but all are gone now..moving so much.
• Staten Island, New York
I hope I will keep all my tickets for life and never lose them... Lots of memories. I keep them all in an envelope. One envelope for concerts and another for Broadway shows and other shows like operas, etc....
@lovebuglena Keep them as they are so easily lost..well they were when moving.
I save the tickets to baseball games I have attended.
• Staten Island, New York
I've never attended a baseball game but would like to one of these days. If I go, I will definitely save the ticket.