Question of the day

@ElicBxn (60771)
I have this Facebook friend who has been posting these "Question of the Day" questions for about a month. At least that I've seen. Some I think are good questions, some I have thought perhaps a bit invasive and some are down right silly. However... I have been considering something for a while, and this "question of the day" thing has given me a chance to kind of air it, without directly attacking the person that needs to see it. My question was: A member of your family tells you they need a transplant - what do you say? So... I'll explain further in another discussion, but in the mean time - what is your answer? @danishcanadian did actually respond to my question, don't know if she's here much anymore however.
It's hard to reply, but if it is necessary I will try to find out if there is a donor or if there is something I can do to help.
@ElicBxn (60771)
As I asked, its a member of the family. I'm sure that there might be something, besides off to be tested, that you could do.
@ElicBxn A member of this site offered one of her kidney to her husband, I think I would do the same if necessary.
I would say lets get me tested. That of course goes for immediate family, extended family I may have to think about it.
@ElicBxn (60771)
We are talking about immediate family after all. Its just the way her mother blew her off.
@Tracy04 (10575)
I think I cannot. I have allergies, so maybe doctor not allowed me to do so.
@ElicBxn (60771)
I don't think allergies exclude you from being able, but there might be something else.
@lovebuglena (5516)
• Staten Island, New York
I'd probably help the person research about transplants and how it all works... And of course I'd want to know what is going on with the person health-wise if they say they are in need of a transplant.
@ElicBxn (60771)
Its my wife, and she's been doing the research. She is in stage 5 kidney failure and started on dialysis last fall. Didn't help that she also needed heart bypass surgery in April. For someone 7 years younger than I am, she's falling apart.