OJ Simpson paroles, starts cutlery business

Pleasant Hill, California
I heard on the radio today that former football running back OJ was granted parole today, and that he will be released in October, at which time he intends to start a high-end cutlery business. OJ Simpson was an American football player who allegedly murdered his alleged wife and an alleged friend of hers. He was acquitted of criminal charges, but convicted in civil court, and allegedly hasn't paid a penny of what he allegedly owes to the families of the alleged victims. Kim Kardashian's alleged father was on the "dream team" that led to OJ's acquittal in criminal court. But he (OJ) was later convicted of armed robbery, for which he was sentenced to something like 30 years. How do you feel about OJ being a free man after nine years in prison? Would you invite him to your son's Bar Mitzvah? Would you attend a cooking class with him? Will you buy his specialty cutlery?
@Plethos (10450)
But will the knife be able to cut a tomato smoothly after cutting an aluminum can?
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's the question! Maybe OJ will demonstrate its uses in the commercials.
@Plethos (10450)
@TheHorse - i can already imagine the infomercial.
@DaddyEvil (25803)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Plethos I am almost positive people will say the commercial is in bad taste if O.J. uses a knife to cut the throat of any living creature in the commercial! But you never can tell with people nowadays, either! There is always the one idiot who will yell "Yahoo!" and attempt to do the same thing using one of O.J.'s knives and think his lawyer will get him off on a technicality, too! SMH!
I think he deserved a chance to redeem himself and I am glad he got it. I am not one of his fans so there will not be any purchases made for his business. I think it's great that he has a plan for when he returns to his old life. I just hope he has given his time behind bars a lot of thought.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was just kidding about the cutlery business. But the rest of my post is fact-based. I think.
If he was only in there for stealing stuff of his like i was told, then yes he deserve to be out. No matter what else he did in his life.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Slitting the throats of your wife and her friends is kind of ugly in my eyes.
@TheHorse yes, but he wasn't in jail for that. So doesnt really matter anymore
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Courtlynn Yes, our justice system is something else, isn't it?
@Deepizzaguy (14556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It made me laugh at the bleeding heart media said O J spent nine years in jail as "Payback" for being acquitted for the 1994 murders of Ron Goldman and Nicole Simpson. Rubbish. I would stay away from O J Simpson since even though he paid his debt to society, I fear he might snap again.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I thought of that too as I was driving today. I wouldn't get near the guy. But I bet there's some "reality TV" folks vulgar enough to get him involved.
@tallawah (9110)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TheHorse That's probably going to happen...
• Pleasant Hill, California
@tallawah We live in interesting times.
@TheHorse I listened to his words today and couldn't get over how he blamed others for the situation for the majority of the time and then voiced his remorse with the skill of a criminal looking to get away. He could have served a much much shorter sentence but fought to get the harder sentence instead! As for hanging out in his neighborhood... Not a chance! I'm not rich enough or crazy enough to do that. Besides I don't want any of his new high end knives in my body.
• Pleasant Hill, California
But maybe you'd get to hang out with some of the Kardashians!
@TheHorse Kardashians?? I've been in enough Car Dash Accidents!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Berniezeitler Sigh. I'm glad you've kept your nose out of the ghetto. I assume my airbag would keep me from a Cardashian.
• Eugene, Oregon
There you go again, on the cutting edge at myLot. He may have some good knives, but I hope they won't go missing all the time.
• Eugene, Oregon
@TheHorse No doubt and in stores "As seen on TV."
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JamesHxstatic I can hardly wait.
@DaddyEvil (25803)
• Aurora, Missouri
I still think O.J. was guilty of the murders. His acquittal was on technicalities, not evidence showing he couldn't have been the killer. I already own excellent ceramic knives, pony. I shouldn't need new knives for a long time. (I was given an excellent Solingen Cook's Knife this last Christmas to handle the heavy duty kitchen needs.)
• Pleasant Hill, California
I only own one longish knife. It has not been used on any ex-girlfriends.
@DaddyEvil (25803)
• Aurora, Missouri
@TheHorse Well, that just begs the question... What happened to the knives you've used on ex-girlfriends, pony? (I am fairly sure you wouldn't throw those excellent knives away! You may need them again, in the near future... ) Oh, @CoralLevang! What do you think pony might have done with the excellent blades he used on his ex-girlfriends?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DaddyEvil Darn it. I was wondering if anyone would notice that little inconsistency.
@tallawah (9110)
• Kingston, Jamaica
So, he kills his wife and her friend, gets off, does something else, goes to prison, and gets an early release. Expect he'll be in Court within two years of his release.
Yes because he shouldn't have been in there for 9 years to begin with for what he did. Doesnt mean he'll be in there again
@tallawah (9110)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Courtlynn he got away with murder... then this robbery for which he was imprisoned...but it was for the murders.
• Pleasant Hill, California
A parole violation could land him back in orange. But he's OJ!
@blitzfrick (2912)
I don't think he did it (the murder) but I'm not especially fond of him or his subsequent behavior. However, I'd invite him to the celebration, just for the novelty, and go to a cooking class with him, and if I see an affordable opportunity to buy his cutlery I might just do that too, all still just for the novelty of it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What makes you think he didn't do the murders?
@TheHorse I suspect the racist cop and the pool boy were mixed up in it somehow.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@blitzfrick Maybe the pool boy stole a pair of OJ's shoes, rented a helicopter, got lowered down on a rope, and tramped around in OJ's shoes. All paid for by the racist cop.
No OJ is not my type of man to wanna hang out with. For some the court system works, for others not so much, I have often wondered why people jut don`t leave the cheating spouses, instead they ripped their throats out and have to go through all that, laugh at getting off and then go to jail for stealing. I think he need a job now so he cn py off the civil suit.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I could tell him how the Dollar Store stuff work for cleaning headlights. But low-life TV will probably pay him for "interviews" and he'll wind up on The Kardashians or something. Maybe he'll marry Bruce Jenner.
@TheHorse Ahhh, Katlin and OJ... match made in heaven
• Pleasant Hill, California
@andriaperry Imagine the ratings their wedding would get!
Well I always believe he was involved in the murders, but that is not what he as in for.. Do i think he should have gotten parole, probably not..
• Pleasant Hill, California
I thought his sentence was for many decades. But have no way of knowing whether he's a danger to anyone. I hope he starts paying off the civil suit.
@TheHorse hopefully he calmed down a little
@Lucky15 (33719)
I will just say..pass
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. Me too.
Yes I think that was long enough for stealing what he did.
• Pleasant Hill, California
The families of the people whose throats he slit probably disagree. But our justice system is what it is. Money talks.
@JESSY3236 (7075)
I didn't know about the cutlery business, but I did see that he was granted parole. I think nine years is enough for him. He's 70 years old now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
The cutlery business was a joke I stole from KNBR radio, here in CA.
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. I don't think hanging out with Odge would be too much fun at this point.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'll stick with my current group of friends.