Spaghetti and Monster Meatballs

https://pixabay.com/en/photos/?hp=&image_type=&cat=&min_width=&min_height=&q=meatballs&order=
@HazySue (21334)
My husband has mentioned monster meatballs to me several times this past week. I used to make great big meatballs and spaghetti sauce for him. For some reason he wanted these huge meatballs. So I would make them ever now and then. I stopped for a while and started making them ping pong ball size of having the meat loose in the sauce. To tell you the truth, I have never been a big fan of these huge meatballs. They were big, reaching the tennis ball size, but he liked them so I made them. Yesterday I finally broke down and surprise him with his giant meatballs. I have to say I was glad I did. He enjoyed them so much. Plus, we now have some leftover meatballs that will make some great meat ball subs.
We only ever bought the small size ones, from the store (frozen). But an Italian resturant called 'buca di beppo' had really huge ones ! And theu were good. That was nice of you to surprise him like that
buca di Beppo --- Beppo's hole
@MALUSE what
@Courtlynn I felt like translating the name of the restaurant from Italian into English. That was all.
@velvet53 (16597)
• Palisade, Colorado
My one DIL makes monster meatballs. I prefer the smaller ones but like you, they are good for sub sanwichs.
@HazySue (21334)
Even though they were huge they did have a great flavor. I still like them smaller though.
@velvet53 (16597)
• Palisade, Colorado
@HazySue I bet they were good. My DIL uses a sauce that has vodke in it. I had never heard of that before but they are good.
@HazySue (21334)
@velvet53 it sounds like an interesting sauce.
@FayeHazel (18007)
Meatball subs sound good. That was nice of you. :-)
@HazySue (21334)
I love my meatball subs. He likes them better on spaghetti.
@FayeHazel (18007)
@HazySue I saw on a cooking show how they constructed a "bun" out of noodles, cheese and egg (like the cheese layer in lasagna) -- looked good but... putzy
@HazySue (21334)
@FayeHazel There are so many interesting things you can make out there. I like trying new things.
That was sweet of you. I like making spaghetti and like it. I have never been good at making meat balls period.
@HazySue (21334)
I learned from my Aunt Bea how to make meatballs and meatloaf. Believe it or not they are pretty much the same.
@HazySue That is great Susan. I think I taught myself how to make meatloaf. I still have to figure out how to make it in the crock pot.
@HazySue (21334)
@Hannihar I haven't tried making meatloaf in a crockpot. If I find h out how I'll let you know how it turns out.
That looks delicious, however I like small meatballs lol
@HazySue (21334)
They sure made great meatball subs.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Many years ago, I had lunch in an Italian restaurant in Boston and ordered spaghetti and meatballs. What it ended up being was a plate of pasta with sauce and one enormous meatball. From that point on, that is how I started making mine. I can relate to your husband's preference. I, too, like those jumbo meatballs, and I couldn't even tell you why. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I find them to be more tender than smaller meatballs that can end up overcooking and being tough. When I make my giant meatballs, I don't precook them first but add them raw right to the sauce and let them simmer all day long. They literally melt in your mouth that way! In this case, bigger IS better!
@HazySue (21334)
I brown mine and then put them in the sauce for the day.
@prashu228 (25811)
That looks delicious. Good that you surprised your husband , he must have definitely felt happy and more than that . I can understand that when my mom cooks something according to my interest..I feel like more than happy which cannot be described...lol
@HazySue (21334)
He was surprised and happy. He loves his spaghetti this way.
This dish looks so attractive for me. But I have to say that these meatballs are so huge
@HazySue (21334)
They are big for sure. That's why I call them monster meatballs.
Sounds good. I am glad he enjoyed them so much.
@HazySue (21334)
Actually they turned out pretty good.
Mighty big meatballs, for sure!!!
@HazySue (21334)
They certainly were big. I don't know why he likes them that big.
There are so many things I could say but they would probably ban me if I did LOL
@HazySue (21334)
I know what you mean. I thought of a few things myself.
The title of your post reminded me that I have meatballs in tomato sauce in the fridge. So I´m heating water to boil some pasta to go with them for lunch. Thanks.
@HazySue (21334)
I love leftover spaghetti sauce. Enjoy your lunch.
@silvermist (20100)
That was really nice of you to have made Spaghetti and Mobster Meat balls.
@HazySue (21334)
I don't make them often but he sure appreciates it when I do.
Lovely that you made that surprise for your husband. I prefer medium sized meatballs.
@HazySue (21334)
So do I. I used to buy the small frozen ones but decided I liked the meatballs a little bigger.
Your meatballs do look good and one of my favorite meals is spaghetti & meatballs. I prefer meatballs on the larger size but not as big as baseballs.
@HazySue (21334)
I like mine a little smaller, more medium size.