NYC restaurant week is here

Staten Island, New York
In New York City we have what is known as restaurant week. We get to dine out at fine restaurants for dinner and get an appetizer, entree, and dessert for only $42/person per person. Or we can choose to have a 3 course lunch for only $29/person. Once you add the drinks (alcohol, coffee/tea) and the tax it comes out to much more per person but still cheaper than doing the regular menu. This lets us go to expensive restaurants, try delicious food, and not spend as much money as we would have on a regular day. Restaurant week happens twice a year. One is in the winter and another one is in the summer. The summer one is already here. It started on June 24th and will go until August 18th. I can't wait to go out for dinner. Planning on doing it more than once. My task is to pick out which restaurants to go to and confirm with my hubby and then we are off. Very excited. Is there restaurant week where you live?
Yes in Chattanooga but we don't go.
• Staten Island, New York
Is it too far from where you live?
@lovebuglena 1 1/2 hours but we don't care for the city, murders daily there.
• Staten Island, New York
@AbbyGreenhill that's pretty far. And if there are a lot of murders there I wouldn't wanna go there either.
I have never heard of that before you just wrote about it. It sounds like a good deal. I do not eat out much. I prefer eating at home. So, when it comes to going out to eat with someone I cannot think of where to go.
• Staten Island, New York
Every Saturday is date night for hubby and I, and that includes dining out somewhere. It's not always an expensive place but usually the bill goes over $100. That's not that cheap, but it's worth it. Good thing for credit cards.
@lovebuglena Lena, that is so true. I really hate doing the dishes and cleaning up and wish someone would wait on me, but, living here is expensive so once in awhile I will go out to eat, but, not often.
We do have restaurant week here during the Spring. I have never been to it though.I would like to try out some of the restaurants though. It is always a good deal. Enjoy.
• Staten Island, New York
You should try it out. You might really like it. What does restaurant week menu offer where you live?
@lovebuglena ours is called Chop Chop Restaurant Week. Lunch in only $13 and dinner is $31. That includes a three course meal and you have to buy the drink. A number of different restaurants participate with a special menu for the event.
• Staten Island, New York
@Happy2BeMe Interesting name for this. I wonder why it's called Chop Chop. Drinks are not included in our restaurant week either, though the French restaurant week did include a drink, but no dessert though. That was from regular menu, if we wanted it.
@mandala100 (43407)
@lovebuglena Your NYC restaurant week is so interesting w/ all the discounts it offers. I'm not aware of any restaurant week here in my neck of the wood, although there are discount every now and then in some eatery or restaurant as part of their promotional.
• Staten Island, New York
It'd be really nice if other cities offered restaurant week. Maybe some major ones, aside from NYC, do offer it, but I am not aware of it.
@mandala100 (43407)
@lovebuglena Wow! That makes me hungry my friend.
Colorado has long food festivals. I am not sure of all the details as I have never been to it, but I know the fee to attend is minimal and one gets tons of food. Good enough. There is a restaurant opening here every week at least. Always something going on around food here. Here is one such offering
Translate Book Book a hotel Destination From To Powered by Check Rates My Trip (0 Items) Search Menu × The 13th annual Denver Restaurant Week took place from Feb. 24 - March 5, 2017. Hundreds of Denver’s top restaurants offer multi-course dinners for tasty
• Staten Island, New York
This sounds really good. I'd check it out.
@Tracy04 (10834)
I did. Not every week, but like once or twice in a month visit the same local restaurant.