Rough Day

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Today has been a long day in the recliner. My back has been so bad, I haven't been able to sit at the computer for more than 15 minutes at a time. That meant I haven't worked on Freedom's Cry like I intended today either. I just got back to it for the first time since early this morning when I tried working on it, only to leave the computer in total pain. I'm only here now because I have Ibuprofen running through my system and working. I've been taking a lot of that lately for my back. Hopefully I'll be able to work here until I get the notifications done. My highlight of the day was my hour in the pool this morning. I almost didn't make it there either, as I went to bed and woke up with a fierce headache, but it finally left before I left the pool. I did finish season 2 of The Originals while I massaged my back on the massage heating pad. I don't know why writer's think they need to mess with a good story, but oh well, two more seasons to watch. It's a very good series. I'm waiting to see how the Mikealson family comes out of victory they got over their common enemy, causing a huge rift in the family at the same time. But for now, while my back is feeling good, I'm going to be here. I hope your day has been better than mine. Thanks for reading.
Why is your back bothering you so much? Is it from sitting at the computer so long? I hope it heals quickly. You certainly don't need a back problem now.
I wish I could say that was the problem today, but I haven't been able to sit here for any length of time. In fact this is the longest I've been on the computer all day. Totally annoying. I don't know why my back has been giving me problems lately. I hope it calms down, because I never had this kind of back issue before the last couple weeks.
@just4him Get on the floor, put your legs on a couch with your tush as close to the bottom of the couch as you can get it. Then move your arms out to the side on the floor, and then stretch them back behind your head, straight out. Hold each position for five minutes and repeat for about twenty minutes. Our vet's wife told me to try it and it worked instantly. I use it whenever I have a back problem. If nothing else, it feels great. Don't forget good posture when sitting. Hope this helps!
@DianneN It would, but I don't have a couch. I think I tried that a few years back, it felt good. Now if I did that, I would have a hard time getting down on the floor and an even harder time getting off it. But I really don't have a couch. Two chairs though.
I hope your back starts feeling better so you can enjoy things you like doing.
Thank you. I hope so too.
I hope that your back settles down. They are building a little club here in our neighbourhood with a salt water pool, sauna, and gym, and once its completed we are considering getting a membership. And its mainly because we need to remain active as we age and because I have a bad back.
That will be great! It will help your back and keep you fit.
@just4him I have severe osteopororisis in my spine and hips and don't have to fall to fracture my back or hip, so doing exercises on land can be a bit too dangerous, but in the water it may be a great benefit. And with having a low thyroid, I DO need to exercise.
@Juliaacv I'm taking a once a week tablet for my osteoporosis as it was really bad too, but it's improving. Yes, it is very hard to do those exercises on land. Water has been proven to be the best exercise for all our joints, knees, back - well everything.
I'm sorry you are in pain.
Thanks. For now it's gone and I hope it stays that way.
@just4him i do too.
@ramapo17 (18729)
• Melbourne, Florida
@just4him I hope it does to for your sake. A bad back can ruin everything you want to do. It is not fun. Good luck with it.
oh boy. I hope that your back is feeling better soon and that the ibuprofen doesn't mess your stomach up in the mean time.
Ibuprofen is the only thing I can take. I think the doctor figured that out since I can't take Tylenol, or anything else that has it in it, or Aleve. It's the only thing that works. I try not to take it, but when push comes to shove, I need to take it to relieve the pain that won't go away.
@just4him That's what my husband takes as well for his hip pain. He pops it like it was M&Ms.
@NJChicaa That's about the way it goes.
@mandala100 (25006)
@just4him I'm glad to hear again from you my friend and I hope that you'll be always feeling better.
Thank you. So far I'm doing okay.
@mandala100 (25006)
@just4him That's good to hear.
• Bedford, Texas
I know how painful back problems can be. Hope you are feeling better.
Thank you. For now it's feeling okay.
@Deepizzaguy (7287)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Your challenges put my life into perspective with my appointment to see my shrink for depression postponed because my shrink is on vacation.
I hope things go well for you without your shrink.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him I will see her next month so she can work on my depression problems.
@Deepizzaguy I hope it's helping.
@sugartoes (33797)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I know what you mean with a bad back, been there a time or 2 myself. I hope you can make up what time you lost on what you wanted to get done that's what I'm doing trying to make up what time I'll be gone most this week. hope your get to feeling better soon & things work out right for you. peace
Thank you.
• Midland, Michigan
I took my one employee to a nearby city to do one (had nine here, edited) small job. That was our only one so I got a lot accomplished in my basement. I took the week off from cashiering to work on it this week. I was hoping to have enough jobs to bring in extra but that looks questionable at present. Maybe once I get two green bins filled I can be here a bit more. I hope you get fast relief on your back. Is it arthritus? I hear there's a cream that's supposed to wonders. I'd have to look up the name, something dream.
No, this isn't arthritis. It's only been a few weeks but not every day. I remembered yesterday that I fell and landed on the floor hard on my back at the last Writer's Guild meeting when the chair went out from under me reaching down to pick up my bag from the floor. It wasn't giving me a lot of trouble, and then it started to and the last couple days have been bad.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him You may end up needing an adjustment or two from a chiropractor in your area. I don't know whether you've ever had that done or not? Only thing is they'd probably want an x-ray to see what type of adjustment is needed. Otherwise, taking it easy, which you're probably already doing, and maybe using hot or cold compresses. Have you had your doctor check you out?
@MarshaMusselman I went to the chiropractor last week for an adjustment. It was just what I needed. My back has been good since.
@vsai2008 (7632)
Backaches are always terrible
Yes they are.
@vsai2008 (7632)
@just4him I hope you feel better soon
@vsai2008 Thank you.
Sorry about your back. I think the diet you are on now should help in the long run.
I hope so. I don't mind eating healthy - fruits and veggies mostly, but not totally without meat.
@ramapo17 (18729)
• Melbourne, Florida
@just4him I can do without all meat. I never liked most meats and could very easily live on peanut butter and jelly or fish.
@ramapo17 I couldn't as I'm allergic to peanut butter and I haven't had jelly in a very long time. Fish is another story - I love it.
I have the Originals on my list to watch.
It's good. I'll be starting Season 3 tomorrow.
@just4him hopefully we'll get to start watching it soon.
@Tampa_girl7 Most likely today.
• Rochester, New York
I'm going to have to check out The Originals. I heard it's a good tv show. It's a vampire show right?
Yes it is.
The Originals is a spin off from The Vampire Diaries.
@JohnRoberts I saw that in the description of the show. I never saw that one.
I am sorry that your back is hurting you. I hope it stops hurting soon.
Thank you. I hope so too.
I hope the pain flees from the back and dissipates into thin air ! Did you injure it recently or is this residual pain from before ?
I figured out it was from a fall I had a month ago. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and I'm feeling great today.
@just4him a pinched nerve that got manipulated huh ? Great to hear it and you are feeling better, gotta love them chiropractors !
@enlightenedpsych2 I don't know about a pinched nerve, but I am glad my back is feeling better. Yes, chiropractors are great.
@jobelbojel (4728)
I wanted to watch The Originals. And Valerie, rest well if you can.
I got a decent night's sleep, thank you. Good thing I have a good firm mattress.
@ramapo17 (18729)
• Melbourne, Florida
@just4him Having a good nights sleep makes a big difference.
@ramapo17 Yes it does.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm so sorry you didn't get to spend the time on your novel as you wanted to. I can't see why they would mess up a good thing either. Hope your back is much better tomorrow.
Thank you. It is.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him That's good to hear.
First of August now, is your back feeling better? I hope so!
I went to the chiropractor yesterday so yes, today, Aug. 2 is doing great!
@ramapo17 (18729)
• Melbourne, Florida
I hope you feel better. I know what a bad back feels like. I use to get very bad pain in the back. I use to be a manager at Home Depot for 20 years and 10 years before that for Franks Nursery. I stood most of the day on cement floors. I was also eating junk food whenever possible and gained a lot of weight. Since 5 years before I retired, I started a diet and lost 85 pounds so far and I haven't had many backaches since. Thank goodness.
That's wonderful. My back is doing well today after a trip to the chiropractor yesterday.
@ramapo17 (18729)
• Melbourne, Florida
@just4him That is great. I hope it continues to do better.
@ramapo17 Thank you. It has been.