Do you believe gold and silver bring blessings?

@franxav (3640)
We Indians are renowned for having many superstitions. Among many here is one - gold is thought to be an auspicious metal, that invites blessings. And so, on occasions like birthdays, weddings and anniversaries gold ornaments are given as presents. Similarly, silver is thought to be a metal inviting money and wealth. How far these beliefs are true I have no idea. This evening two of us went to a jewellery shop to buy a silver chain for the child of a visiting friend from Germany. In the shop I was tempted to buy myself a silver chain. No, I don't believe this will bring me wealth. I bought it to attach it to a small crucifix and wear it around my neck. Tell us if you know of true incidents when gold and silver have brought blessings.
I knew that you gave gold as presents, but I didnot know why. I like gold jewels in moderation.
@franxav (3640)
Jewellery worn in moderation enhances beauty.
@franxav Thanks to your anwser, I put on my earrings to go out
No I do not believe an object will bless me, but I know God will.
@franxav (3640)
You are right Andria, God is the source of all blessings.
@prashu228 (22104)
I heard about , they do puja and buy gold on that day ..I hope that's what I remember
I know of no incidents for which gold and silver have brought blessings, but I do have gold jewelry, and I am not sure about silver.
@hereandthere (23053)
i have always liked silver. but i have seen rings and earrings combining gold and silver and liked them, though i don't wear any at the moment.