Rolling On the River

Riga, Latvia
“Rolling On the River” by Tina Turner was a popular song in 1971. The reason this song come to mind today is that once again we have been hit by torrential rains. Our street here in the suburbs of Riga, Latvia already has small streams and rivers running along it. They say that the rain is going to last some days so I am predicting that we might need to blow up a rubber boat and go rolling down the river. The river that divides Riga into two banks is The Daugava and it isn’t far from us. On the plus side in our lives is that at long last my hubby Martin’s fever is a thing of the past and he is well on the mend from pneumonia. He had a tough time all last week. Luckily before the afternoon rains started he got to take a short walk about the garden while the sun was warm in the sky. Now he is relaxing and it will take this week to get his strength back. Meanwhile with all this crazy weather I can at least have the time to catch up on things on my PC and write up a storm. How is your weather?
Try out a fresh look for YouTube. Learn more. Close Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find ou
• Lakewood, Colorado
So happy to hear Martin is on the mend. I wonder how old Tina is doing? I think she lives in Switzerland and is married to someone nice. She deserves it too. She had a hard life. Its sunny here.
• Riga, Latvia
Switzerland ia a lovely country to live in @TiarasOceanView more rain today.
Of course, Proud Mary is a John Fogerty song for Creedence Clearwater Revival.
So good to hear your husband's fever is gone!!! I do hope those rains stop in our area to diminish the chance of flooding. Love Tina and "Proud Mary!"
• Riga, Latvia
We got more torrential rains today @Corbin5 Yes, hubby is on the mend but with all of this rain he still has to stay in this week to be sure that everything is really over so hopefully by weeks end the rains will be gone and he can start to venture out at least into our garden.
@RasmaSandra Oh, I do hope sunshine comes and hubby can go outside and enjoy it!