How Dare You Complain

Sister in law
@poehere (17715)
French Polynesia
Today, I had to bite my tongue otherwise I would have said something that I might of regretted later on. How dare you come here with your snippy high and almighty attitude and complain to me. You have no room to complain to anyone. My sister in law started in on me this morning about my larger dog Nita. He was barking at our neighbor’s dog that was in the river teasing him. I was quickly out the door and shooing the dog away from our fence. I had the dog gone and my dog quiet in no time. It is fine for you and your husband to have parties at your home every weekend. You can play your music so loud and blast it until 3 or 4 in the morning. Nobody can sleep from all the noise. Plus during your parties you block the entrance to the yard and it’s not possible to leave out of here. These people think they own the yard, parking and can control what goes on here. They moved here a few years back because they had nowhere else to go. A fat, lazy and no for good man who refuses to work and support his family. They have 3 children who are always begging for money and my sister in law is sick. For over 3 years we supported her and her family. I finally told my boyfriend enough is enough. I was so sick of giving money and food to these people. When we gave her money all the kids ate and bought was candy, chips, and ice cream. The husband wasted the rest of the money on beer and buying food to take to his family. We are quiet, we leave you alone. I don’t go over there and complain about how many people are filling up the garden drinking beer. I don’t get angry when I can’t park my car in the garden or even leave the garden because your husband has his car blocking the entrance. I don’t yell at your kids every time they go in the river to play and scream when they see an eel pass by. Furthermore, I never go to your house yelling and screaming about what you do. Leave me alone. Everyone has their own life and can live it as they see fit. My boyfriend and I leave his family alone. They live on the other side of the river and we don’t have much contact with them at all. So stay off my bridge and away from me. I am sort of sick of how nasty sweet you can be one day and what a down right witch you can be the next. The only time you are nice is when you want something from me. The time has come to say enough is enough. Stay on your side of the yard and leave me alone. Do you have issues with your family? I know family can be hard at times, but this is out of control now.
Been there done that. I hope things improve with you and them.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
It always does because I am busy and stay away. I don't have much time for people who are always begging and complaining. I basically ignore them. However, my boyfriend doesn't and then I have to hear about it. that is when I open my mouth.
I have no issues with my family, because we do not even live in the same country. I can understand how annoyed you are.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
For my family, I live far from them all. But my boyfriend's family lives closer to us. The islands aren't so large, so you run into them all the time. Yes, my sister in law can be a real pain when she wants to be. I just go on and don't pay much attention to her at all.
@poehere I had no problems with my mother-in-law, but I am happy we did not live close.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@LadyDuck I loved his mom so much. We use to go fishing at night together. One day she came begging me to take my kayak out in the lagoon and go fishing with her. I thought she wanted company and for me to go fishing with my kayak. No, she wanted me to take her in my kayak and leave her on some of the larger pieces of coral so she could fish in new locations on the lagoon. I had so much fun that day with her. Until we came home and her daughter attacked me for taking her mon out in the lagoon in my kayak. I was so happy she was there to defend me and tell her to shut up. She was the one who wanted to go and asked me to take her. That was a fantastic day I had with her. She is gone now and I do miss her so.
@dgobucks226 (10860)
Sounds like a horrible situation. I've had issues with my neighbor. Sorry for your situation, hope things improve.
@dgobucks226 (10860)
@poehere Some people can be very inconsiderate and uncaring about others feelings. And usually confrontations just make matters worse.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@dgobucks226 That is why I just smile and walk away. It is better to not say too much than say what I really feel like saying.
@dgobucks226 (10860)
@poehere Above is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson which puts your feelings in perspective. Photo from brainy quotes.
Some family members can do nothing but drive you crazy.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
You can say that one again. She is the baby of the family. Plus, she is the last one of the 10 children. So she always got her way and had what she wanted.
@velvet53 (16145)
• Palisade, Colorado
I had a few issues in the past with family but they were never this bad. Who owns the property? Can a fence be put up to keep them on their own side? I am sorry that you are going through this. But enough is enough. You can only help so much before you start feeling used and that is not good.
@velvet53 (16145)
• Palisade, Colorado
@poehere That is sad. It is your property so you should have the say as to who can park on your property among other things.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@velvet53 You have to understand that the property is divided in half by the river. We have to park on the other side. There is no way to park here on our side. That is what makes it hard on us.
@velvet53 (16145)
• Palisade, Colorado
@poehere Oh, now I see. This has got to be a big inconvience for you. I sure hope that things can get worked out so there is no more problems. I wish that I had an answer or suggestion as to what you can do.
Yes and out of respect, I simply do not air it out on a public venting board that attracts attention to those problems cause guess what ? By doing so, gives those problems more fuel to get worse . . . hope things can be resolved with a little help from the cosmos.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
Venting is good at times. I am not one to keep putting fuel on the fire. I just listened and said OK. Thanks and I need to get back to work. I just left and so did she.
@poehere sister-in-laws are sometimes difficult because we did not live with them all of our life, and I sort of liked mine from my two marriages BUT yes when they showed their true colors, I was just ready to fade them out slowly by NOT giving them anything to complain about . . . I hope things calm down over there
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@enlightenedpsych2 This is how I feel and what I do all the time. I am good about all this because of my work and having to live with families in different countries. I learned to not make waves and to just be quiet. Even if I didn't like it or agree ith what was happening. At times I had to speak up some, but was careful at how I did it and what I said.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
That sounds more like very bad neighbors rather than a sister-in-law and family.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
Yes it does to me too. However, she has always been like this. She is like her older sister. Always having to put her nose in where it doesn't belong. She thinks she can tell people what to do. Well she is not my mom and there is no need to tell me anything because I am older than she is.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@poehere I don't like people like that.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@RichardMeister Me too. They make me crazy.
I hope things work out well for you and your family. No one needs to deal with such!
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much and yes, you are right. I think they should just stay on the other side of the river and leave me on my side of the river. That is what I do all the time.
@poehere Or you can build a wall and make them pay for it!
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@allen0187 Funny and cute.
@Ithink (10715)
Yes and sometimes gets way out of control, to the point we have nothing to do with them anymore. Get tired of being put down when they are no better if not worse and use everyone and every system they can and do nothing. Yet complain non stop.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
Did yuo meet my sister in law? Yuo got this one right and that is exactly how she is.
@Ithink (10715)
@poehere Sounds like we have the same one!
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@Ithink Oh my how lucky can we be
• Pamplona, Spain
Too many and I broke away from them because they were so unreasonable and its been a long long time since I last saw them too. You are right to break from them in that way. There comes a point when you cannot take any more and that´s it.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
Thank you. I have taken it for far too long and now my boy friend is tired too. He thinks that we should sell our land and house here and move to a part of the island that is no where near the family. I love this idea, but I also love my house. We built it together and it is so great because we live by the river. It runs in front of our home.
• Pamplona, Spain
@poehere See if things settle down now like they should do. I would not want to move either. After all why should you move if you don´t want to?
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@lovinangelsinstead21 I think we will stay where we are at. The uprising is calming down now and things seem quiet on the home front.
Well as the saying goes you can choose your friends but not your family. My sister is not the greatest person in the world but fortunately we always lived pretty far apart and recently she moved several states away so we do just fine now. You do have to put your foot down with your family and don't back down because if you do they will be twice as bad. Don't let them make you feel guilty because you want some consideration.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
You are so right and this is really good advice. Thanks.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she doesn't bother Nita at all.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
Nita is a big dog and when he barks it is loud. So far they just yell at him because he is in my yard. He normally sleep on the terrace where my office is. I come out and calm him down when he keeps going on and on. I don't like it eaither. I let them bark a few seconds and then try to stop them.
I'm sorry that's frustrating! I don't have issues anymore because I'm states away from my family.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
I don't have issues with my family either. It is his family butting their nose into our lives. That is my problem with them.