The Garden is Calling Me

@poehere (12132)
French Polynesia
Yikes today the sun is shinning and the wind has stopped blowing. My poor organic garden is calling me now. It is telling me that I need to say good-bye here on MyLot and get up there. After 4 days of wind and rain some of the plants need attention. I saw one of my giant basil trees that was blown over in the wind. The tomatoes need tying up, the weeds need pulling, and the food needs harvesting. So until the next time have a wonderful day. I’ll be back when I can and hopefully I can stay a bit longer.
Please DO run to your garden. We will be here when you are back.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
Oh thank you so much. I know I have way too much to do. I haven't been there in 4 days because of wind, cold weather and rain. Now today it is back to normal on the islands and it is warm and beautiful.
@poehere I´d love to visit Tahiti some day. But I bet it is too expensive.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@marguicha When my boyfriend went to Easter Island the ticket was like 550 USD round trip for 2 months. The longer the stay the more you pay normally. He went there on Lan Chile.
Make the most of the good weather.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
It is always good weather here on the islands. Today is fantastic and no more cold winds. Yes I am so happy. Nice warm sun not too hot and not too cold. Just right.
Sounds like you have some work ahead of you. Hope you get it all done and have some time to come back here.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
You have that right my friend. It is a large garden and a lot to do. There is no way I can finish it all today. I will do what I can and there is always tomorrow.
@poehere .....Thank goodness there is always tomorrow.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle That is for sure. Now here today I was up there again and there was a ton of work to do today. Just got home a bit ago and taking a break before I start cooking tonight.
I hope you enjoy gardening. =)
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
I love my organic garden. It sits at the base of the mountain and a stream or river runs in front of it. You cross the river to get to my garden. It is so quiet and peaceful up there. All you hear are the birds, water running, and chicken pecking. I love the garden because there isn't only food there. I have a lot of herb plants and flower everywhere so it makes it look so warm and inviting.
You better go tend to your garden. I hope you get lots of yummy food from it.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
Today there was a lot of tomatoes, salad, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, green peppers to pick. I didn't have time to pick all the corn.
I have to do the same today. The strong wind and pouring rain have caused some small damages outside. I need to go out and fix the tomato plants and clean from weeds.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
With the organic garden we have I am loosing time to work at home on my own garden. There is so much fto do at the organic garden and now my home garden is looking a little sad.
@poehere We have a weird summer, too hot or too cold, I have very little compared to last year.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@LadyDuck My garden here grows way too fast. So does the organic garden with all the food in it. I hardly have time to work at home now in my garden and it is driving me crazy to see my plants in a mess. This week I need to take one day off and just stay home and clean my yard. My boyfriend is here this week before he leaves to go work on another island. This way he can go to the garden to water and work and I will stay here to attend to my garden. I need to get it back in shape.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
When I saw your title I thought of the time I bought cookies from Costco. Those cookie yelled at me all night long to come and eat them. It was very hard to ignore them. But in your case it is better that you attend to your organic garden–and food will be much better to eat than the cookies I bought.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
I normally go there daily and work around 5 to 6 hours. I haven't been in 4 days because of the wind and rain here on the islands. That is why when the sun was out and the wind stopped blowing I knew I had to get up there.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@poehere Gardens seem to get a bit weedy if you leave them alone for too long.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@RichardMeister I can't leave this one alone. The heat here on the islands requires me to go there daily and water. So why just water. I work around and do as much as possible in the time frame I have.
@renicemae (1488)
Gardening is a good form of exercise and you'll also enjoy doing it especially when the time for harvest comes. That's very fulfilling!
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
You are so right. Here we can have the organic garden year round. We always have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies coming from there. It is a lot of work because the garden is giant. It isn't a small home garden. This is a rather large piece of land we have that we have cultivated.
@renicemae (1488)
@poehere Oh that's good. Are you selling some of your harvest to the market?
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@renicemae We have a large clienteel that comes to take what they need.
@PurnaSharma (1770)
Good idea do fast and collect some vegetables from your garden and cook ....i'm coming to your home
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
I think you have a very long way to travel. Yes I did pick up some nice veggies out of the garden. I have tomatoes, cucumbers, salad, eggplant, and green onions to cook tonight.
@poehere .....my long way becomes barrier though but my feelings are free of all these barriers. ...ha ha ha
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@PurnaSharma Yes with world travel the way it is today there isn't a lot of barriers to overcome.
That's fantastic that you have your own organic garden. It must be lots of fun to work for it. The plants grow well and I think you will have the harvest
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
The plants grow so fast here. At times so do the weeds. I needed to go there today to trim back a lot of plants, weed, and pick some food. I also had a lot of watering to do. I am back now and sort of tired.
@poehere When there is a good harvest, you know all the efforts are worthy
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@youless We have a good harvest year round here on the islands. We can plant year round here. So basically it is me deciding when to plant certain things and when not to plant others.
@SHOHANA (4430)
• Bangladesh
I loved the image of garden with this post
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. This is one area of my organic garden. It is rather large and we have a lot planted there right now.
Holy moly! That is a huge garden!!!!!!!!! I certainly underestimated its size. Is that all for you or do you sell it?
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
We have clients that only want organic food. So they come here and buy food from us. This is only one small section of the garden. There is 8 other sections and a few of them are larger than this. Yes it is a giant garden and it is a handful to keep going. Right now I planted the green onions again today. I split them apart and replant them to make more onions. They go so fast here it is amazing. I keep one roll for separating so make other rolls for people who want them. I spit the bunching onions up when they grow big enough. They normally have 6 to 8 in a bunch. I replant them one by one to make a giant roll. In 3 weeks the roll is big enough to pick and eat.
Good that you answered the call of your garden.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
I think so too. It was nice to be outside again. 4 days in the house because of wind and rain is no fun for me. I love being outside and not stuck in a house all day.
• Denmark
A basil 'tree'? Can you show a photo, please? I know basil only as a small plant.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
I will take a photo of the basil plants I have here. I think they are over or around 1.5 meters tall. I call them trees because they have a big trunk on them. They remind me of a tree.