I Got My Car

@velvet53 (15393)
Palisade, Colorado
It may not look like much but I did get a great deal on it. It is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. There has only been one owner, miles are low, AC and heater works great, body is in good shape and the radio rocks. I looked at many newer vehicles but we found things wrong with them. I didn't want to buy something that would nickel and dime me to pieces. My son and I both drove it, he checked the tires, brakes, engine among other things. It is good and solid. They had a price on it but told my son that they would take less and told him the price. When he told me I said that I was going to offer less for a little play in between. They took what I offered. They did have a $300 dealership charge that they waived. All in all I got this car for less than what I received for my totaled vehicle. It is good and sound and I think that I came out the winner. They even delivered it to me.
So good to see you found a car to replace your totaled car. It sounds sturdy to me. Congratulations and best of luck with it.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks Dianne. If it lasts as long as my Malibu did I will be happy. But maybe I will get something newer some day.
@velvet53 At least you have something to get you around now. That's all that matters.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@DianneN That is true. I don't have to have a new just something dependable.
How much mileage was on it?
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
141.000. I looked at a lot newer ones that had more miles than that.
That's not bad @velvet53 at least you have a few $$ left over, that's kinda sweet too.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@rebelann Yes it is. I have to count every penny and if I can save some then it is a blessing.
Grats on the newly-purchased car. Do hope you have many happy memories driving it.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks allen. I hope that it lasts as long as my Malibu did before it was killed.
Congrafulations!
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks my friend.
@velvet53 You are welcome!
I hope that it will be a good car for you
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks Marie. I did get a car. It isn;t fancy or new but it will suit my needs.
@inertia4 (26915)
That is nice. But the car is 17 years old now. I really hope it don't start giving you trouble. I am actually thinking about getting another car, I usually get new ones. But this time I am thinking about leasing instead of buying. Unless I find myself a 2 door, 1983 triple black Lincoln Mark VI. Then I would buy that. I had one many years ago and loved it. Wish I never got rid of it. But hey that is life. If I ever find one in mint condition, I will buy it right away.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
If this one hadn't of been in such good condition and low mileage than I might not of gotten it. My son is a mechanic so that helps a bunch. He went over that car pretty good today.
@inertia4 (26915)
@velvet53 Oh cool. I didn't know he was a mechanic. That is great. You are lucky on that respect. I use Uber a lot here in the city lately. Especially to go to my doctor appointments.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@inertia4 Yes, it is a blessing that he is a mechanic. I use the taxi a lot right now and plan to continue through the winter. I should of done that last winter. It would of saved a lot for me.
That's great news! I'm not really good in buying used cars and I can't trust the mileage here. In this country, people can always tinker the mileage.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
I used to buy a vehicle on my own but any,ore the way people are I had my son with me. He is a mechanic and really checked it over.
@velvet53 that's really good that he is.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@toniganzon He wanted me to get a newer one but the ones we looked at had high miles, oil leaks, things like that. I am not rich like a lot of people are so I got what I could.
That's wonderful! It's great when you can find a good car that the person is willing to work with you on. That's what happened with my new to me car as well.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
It is helpful when they give a little to help a person out. Those guys were wonderful.
@velvet53 Yes it is. I told the car lot dealer what I could afford tax and fee included and they even lowered it from that as they took my car in trade, which isn't usual for that car lot dealer.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him That is great! That is pretty much what I did., It is amazing what people will do to help others but still make a sale.
@poehere (17840)
• French Polynesia
Isn't it nive to get a good deal on a used car. Congrats for getting your car finally.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
It sure is. Some day maybe I will get a newer one. But for now this one will work just fine.
@poehere (17840)
• French Polynesia
@velvet53 Because of my work and moving all the time I think in 18 years I had 14 brand new cars. I got spoiled driving a car for a few months to a year and then getting another brand new one. But that was because of my work and having to move around so much it just worked out this way.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@poehere I can sure understand why you had new cars. You do need a real reliable car for your work. What are you driving now?
@dgobucks226 (6713)
As they say Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Nice going
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
I feel comfortable with my purchase. I prefer older vehicles cause they are so much easier to work on.
@velvet53 Newer ones I guess have all these newfangled sensors and parts are probably more expensive?
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@dgobucks226 The parts for newer vehicles are quite expensive. Plus the way the motors are now one has to move a lot of stuff to get to the part that needs repaired.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
I'm glad you have a car again and got a good deal too.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks. It is nice having a car again. I have had a rental but I really don't care to drive it.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@velvet53 At least you know the maintenance history with your own car.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Gillygirl True. That is why I am so upset with the Malibu being totaled. I pretty well knew that car inside out. Now I have to get used to a different one. It won't take long though and I will recognize a noise that I am not used to. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Glad you got your car then Velvet.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks Oshy. It isn't new but it is mine. How are you feeling today?
• Lakewood, Colorado
@velvet53 bad..its okay ..I have myLot.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@TiarasOceanView Tell me what is going on.
@kobesbuddy (19595)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@velvet53 Awesome, I'm so glad to here you found this good deal, for a car! Now, it's my turn, I need to find one, also! lol
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks and good luck to you my friend.
@kobesbuddy (19595)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@velvet53 And you are very welcome!:)
@mandala100 (25369)
@valvet53 I'm glad that you have a very good bargain my friend.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks Peter. It isn't new but at least I don't have to deal with all the new technology. I can work on those older ones.
@mandala100 (25369)
@velvet53 Yes my friend and that's true.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am so glad you got a good deal and are happy with your purchase. Sounds like it should give you good service.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
I hope it lasts me for a long time. I won't be driving a lot cause I take the taxi to my doctor appointments. So hopefully it will be nice to me like my last one was.
@Paige32 (1674)
I'm glad you got another car and that it came with a great deal as well. It can be hard being without a car.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks Muobo. I don't like using a rental so I was very happy when I got my car.
• Jinan, China
Congratulations!you own another car
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks. It does feel good.
@Freelanzer (6459)
That was a good deal. Hope it works out well for you.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks, me too. I had my Malibu for 9 years and it was great. I think this car will be the same.
This is very good, I hope you will be happy with your car.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks, Anna. I think I will be very happy with it. My son checked it out real good.
It is nice to hear that, my friend.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks, Shavkat. It may be older but I am happy with it.